ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: AHK Coding Snack Idea: Deluxe AHK Script Manager (AXEM)

<< < (4/14) > >>

mouser:
GREAT STUFF.  :up: :up:

jgpaiva:
 ;D Now that was fast :)
Ok, it's working reat now, except the fact that the mousewheel is scolling horizontally instead of vertically :)

mouser:
I have a great idea for you:

Scan each ahk file and look for a comment near the top of the file of the form:
; Synopsis: This line will be shown in the Axem list next to a file's name if found

tomos:
where does the name Axem come from?
-mouser (October 27, 2008, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

presumably it's also a play on ask'em, -> aks'em

.. axing questions ..-tomos (November 08, 2007, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
[Laughing dog :)]
-Armando (November 08, 2007, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

just BTW..
that wasnt meant to be a pun on "axeing" (would be then = cutting questions :-\)
but rather a throwback to how we used speak as young ones -
before it was bet into us to speak proper like  :)
-tomos (November 09, 2007, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

or maybe not?

VideoInPicture:
This is a very good idea! I've also been following the AHK LifeHacker messageboard and I think this is the best idea to pursue because it is very useful for power AHK users. Here is what Axem looks like on my computer:

DONE: AHK Coding Snack Idea: Deluxe AHK Script Manager (AXEM)1

I imagine that Axem could become very popular to package a set of separate AHK scripts together for distribution and for a more user friendly first user experience when using AHK. Along this line of thought, here are some ideas I think would enhance the user experience:
(1) I think that the icons of the AHK scripts should be shown to the left side of the Axem window to help with visual distinction.

(2) Provide a way to change the icon of each AHK script, including the icon it shows for it's tray icon. This is my biggest gripe with AHK, all the tray icons look the same!!! I know that resource editors can change the icons for compiled scripts but they are a hassle to use. It would be a killer feature if Axem can edit the icon files contained in a compiled script to substitute the icons. It would also be nice to do this for uncompiled scripts but I'm not sure if that is possible.

(3) I have Axem running and I second the motion to show the comments near the top of an AHK file if available. I know comments won't be available in compiled scripts but it would be nice to have them if available. I think we can model this based on how Skrommel has his AHK scripts page laid out: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/. The AHK script icon would go on the left and all the other buttons/check boxes/text would go in a group box on the right.

As an AHK user, I sometimes find myself bewildered as to what a script actually does and what keys will do what so I think good commenting on the part of the programmer is essential.

(4) Could we change the background color of Axem to white or perhaps a light shade of blue? It would look nicer with a color other than grey. We can debate about how Axem should look but the color grey just doesn't agree with me.

(5) Place the "Rescan", "Change Folder", and "Hide" buttons at the top of the Axem window as a toolbar strip since these are higher level commands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version