ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

007 James Bond

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
You will have to imagine for yourself the attached images that came along with this e-mail today:

James Bond is walking in the park

he meets a genuine Bond-girl, and stops

he is looking thoroughly at her , but then he looks at this watch

she is noticing this, and asks if he is waiting to meet someone

"No, I am just testing my super hi-tech watch which is talking to me"

"Oh, and what is your watch telling you right now?"

"It is telling me that you are not wearing any underwear"

"Well, in fact I am wearing underwear"

Bond is looking at his watch again, and says,

"Oh, it must be an hour ahead!"

So, you see, you must remember to set back the clock, one hour (Saturday night)! Put on your underwear, girls; No more summertime! Well, that goes for Europe. Are America and Asia also changing back from summer-time (even though you call it something different) to normal-time, this week-end??  :tellme:

4wd:
Are America and Asia also changing back from summer-time (even though you call it something different) to normal-time, this week-end??  :tellme:-Curt (October 24, 2008, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here in Eastern Australia, (including SA but excluding QLD - which makes it really SE Australia I guess - so it should be ASEDST instead of AEDST - I think I'll patent it before they use it  :P ), the powers that be decided that we'd now switch to DST, (Daylight Saving Time), the first Sunday of October now instead of the last.   And last year they decided it would now end on the first Sunday of April.

This is brilliant, just after Western Australia decided to trial it from 2006-2009 in line with the original starting/ending dates, (last Sun Oct -> last Sun March), to help business stay in synch with the rest of the country, the idiots in the rest of the country go and change it............typically stupid state governments.

You can see the various changes DST has gone through in Australia here.

I hate Summer - there is never any need for more than 12 hours of light in the day  :(

Deozaan:
In the USA it's now the first weekend in November.

icekin:
What is the purpose of DST in this day and age? We have fluorescent light now, and any apparent benefits of DST to certain business and industrial activities is far from being established as a fact.

Curt:
Around here (Scandinavia) one of the reasons for still accepting Summer-time, DST, is for the day-time working people to have the chance be a little more in the sunshine, in order to fight lack-of-light related depressions :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version