ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Systemwide "Drag & DropZones"

(1/2) > >>

kfitting:
I would be interested in being able to use the concept in Firefox's "Drag & DropZones" ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5595 ) add-in, but in any program.  It would be cool to be able to configure different macros or scripts to run depending on the zone... don't know how feasible all this would be.  Configurability would be key.  Given all the macro programs on the market, maybe this could just be a front-end...

kevin

anjan_oleti:
Cool idea  8)
I love the "Drag & DropZones" concept... would be very useful to have it extended system-wide

SirSmiley:
Maybe GridMove could be adapted to this?
Would take some work though and I'm not too familiar with AHK script's as of yet.

An issue would be the activating the zones but, maybe you could designate a corner or edge of the screen to activate.

ak_:
That's a very good idea. Could be very useful, especially to people using a sidebar (the zones could be located there).

I'd be interested in such a project because i've recently been trying to detect drag n drop with autohotkey without any success. If we don't manage to do that, i guess we could show the zones when the left button has been pressed for 1 or 2 seconds, something like that.

lanux128:
great idea, SirSmiley! GridMove already supports zone detection, i wonder if it's possible to make a similar script that runs pre-defined commands instead of resizing windows as it does now. maybe we could call it GridZone. :)

PS. there is also ZoneSize by Skrommel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version