topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 10:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Create Toolbar button for Firebug (Firefox addon)  (Read 4648 times)

dsp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Create Toolbar button for Firebug (Firefox addon)
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I use Firefox 3.0 and have just installed the add-on Firebug for editing wepages.

I code webpages manuually and have set up Firebug to open my fav text editor (metapad). However this is burried in the menu (3 clicks) and I was hoping it would be possible for someone to code a button which can be added to the toolbar to open my configured text editor in the same way the default Firebug does - is it possible?

*EDIT*
I just had a look at Skrommel's Barnacle and although I think it is the sort of thing I'm asking for, I can't get it to work. If anyone else has already invented this wheel then I'd appreciate a copy.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 09:59 AM by dsp »

dsp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Create Toolbar button for Firebug (Firefox addon)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:07 PM »
If anyone is interested I found a Firefox Add-on that does exactly what I want (open the page source as a plain text file) in my editor of choice (metapad). You can also open the pages CSS file from the buttoms menu, plus other options I'm unsure about, but at the moment I don't need them.

The Add-on is called ViewSouceWith and is avaialble from the authors website here...
http://dafizilla.sou...e.net/viewsourcewith
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:26 PM by dsp »