ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Writing to two folders simultaneously. Possible? Tired of running synch progs

<< < (7/7)

tomos:
from JungleDisk help manual -
# Previous Versions

* Use the bucket previous version settings for this backup job:  All settings as configured in the Previous Versions section will apply to this specific backup.

* Customize the previous version settings for this backup job:

o Keep previous versions of changed files: Copies of the previous versions of files are maintainted when you modify the file or upload a new file with the same name.

o Keep previous versions of deleted files: Copies of files that are deleted either manually or during backup cleanup are still maintained.

o Don't keep previous versions for files over: Files larger than the specified size will not be archived when modified or deleted.

o Keep at most: Allows you to select a maximum number of versions to keep regardless of the file's age.
--- End quote ---

if I understand correctly - it doesnt do delta-sync  - [EDIT/ see Justice's post below]

I still have *very* little on it (around the 1GB mark) so costs are very low - I'm only using it for *important* stuff ;) plan to add a few more GBs but am avoiding large files unless, as I say, important...
I'm looking for an online backup for my photos as well - wouldnt add them to S3, although I havent actually figured out the costs (60GB or so - see below) - maybe I should go do that cause having three online backups would seem a bit ridiculous!

Okay, lets see,
60GB @ 15c per GB p.m.would be $9 p.m. = $108 per year (+ an upload fee of $6)   !!ouch!!

Havent been using JD/S3 long - there are a couple of threads about it here if you want to read more

BTW Syncplicity's free account is 2 GBs now - guess the 4 was for early takers

justice:
It delta syncs but only if you pay the 1 dollar a month for the extra plus service.
Optional Jungle Disk Plus Service
Jungle Disk Plus is an optional service that provides additional features beyond what comes with Amazon S3.
[...]
    * Block-level file updates, allowing you to upload only the changed portions of large files-http://www.jungledisk.com/desktop/pricing.aspx
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
Heh, pretty lame that block-level updates is an add-on cost... I mean, it saves both you and them bandwidth :-s

justice:
I assume it's because they have to process it in someway to make it work with amazon s3, but I mean that's not our problem really, and I guess it's why they sell it with more features like webbased access to your files, which should also have been included imho. Go dropbox.

Although in reality when you need it the Plus service will not be a significant cost rise (I assume you'll spend about $5-10 a month by that time), and it's a flat fee (it doesn't rise the more you use it like regular JD costs).

mwang:
I forgot the delta-sync cost etra $1 per month with JD/S3. My fault. Sorry.

BTW Syncplicity's free account is 2 GBs now - guess the 4 was for early takers
-tomos (November 27, 2008, 02:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's 4GB if you use the "SYNCBLOG" code when signing up, according to their blog post. That's how I got mine set up two or three weeks ago, and it should still work. According to the same post, you could add 1GB per friend invited, up to 3.

Heh, pretty lame that block-level updates is an add-on cost... I mean, it saves both you and them bandwidth :-s
-f0dder (November 27, 2008, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think it saves them anything. You pay for the bandwidth yourself, don't you? Or am I missing something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version