ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Is Screenshot Captor not capable of capturing text for editing in text file?

(1/4) > >>

studentguru:
Hi everyone,

I have downloaded this software on my test machine and is pretty impressed with it so far. Right now the ONLY feature I am looking for in any screen capture software is one that can capture text (on the screen) that cannot be captured/copied otherwise and then paste into text files so that I can edit the words .

Snagit can do that some of the time but I am not ready to go there yet.

It seems Screenshot Captor does not have this feature. Am I right?

If you know of any screen capture freeware that has this particular feature I want please let me know.

I have read the help file of the software and it does not tell me anything about this particular feature.

ThanksĀ  a million. :)

studentguru

mouser:
screenshot captor does not do this (yet).

studentguru:
Thanks Mouser,

I love your Find and Run Robot. It seems the only software in Windows that can find a text file , thus replacing my need to go into windows explorer to call up the Search function in Windows explorer.

I have tried quite a few similar softwares but none could find text files, only finding programs and may be folders.

mouser:
in all of our programs, including screenshot captor and F+R robot you will find at the bottom of the help file a list of related programs and their websites.  it's a good place to look for similar programs - and there are certainly others that can find text files as well :)

jackdewey:
I have just downloaded ScreenShot Graber for the text scraper functionality that is mentioned on the web site. I have tried grabbing text on a few dialog but have not been successful.

What are the steps to follow to select the text and send it to the clipboard. When I select the Send text to clipboard menu item in the edit menu, I only seem to get the dialog name and the time when the snapshot was taken.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version