ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help me with MS Word styles

<< < (2/14) > >>

AndyM:
So are you saying there's no way to format the list with indentations, numbering, and formatting all in one click of a style?
-superboyac (October 22, 2008, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can, I do it all the time.  But if I remember right the setup is a bit quirky.  Look for an MVP article by Shauna Kelly or Susan Barnhill. 

If I find it first I'll post it.
--------------------------------

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html

superboyac:
You can, I do it all the time.  But if I remember right the setup is a bit quirky.  Look for an MVP article by Shauna Kelly or Susan Barnhill. 

If I find it first I'll post it.
-AndyM (October 22, 2008, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'm looking for it, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.  Why is this so hard?

check that...I'm reading your edited link

Carol Haynes:
I just tried to repeat my test from above on a friends laptop running W2003 and it worked fine.

I created a short list the way I wanted it and then high-lighted it and clicked on Style > More... > New Style and gave it a name. I could then apply that style to any text I wanted.

Am I missing something?

superboyac:
OK, thanks everyone!  I finally got it working.

I just have to say...that was a PAIN IN THE ASS.  My goodness, could that be any less intuitive?  And complicated, too.  Wow, I am just blown away by how ridiculous that whole process was.

Carol Haynes:
I suppose it is logical to have the list styles linked to the paragraph text style because for most people if they update the font or size in the paragraph style of a report they would also want their lists updated to match. It is more confusing though if you actually want to change the list fonts!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version