ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Things your kids will never know - old school tech!

<< < (32/35) > >>

Deozaan:
Not a formula for Shell oil, but one that if followed may yield a cheaper and altogether more cozy way of heating your home:

62 O2 (g) + C52H84O22 (s) --> 52 CO2 (g) + 42 H2O (g)
-Darwin (November 12, 2008, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I seem to be needing lot's of help these days -
anyone else understanding that ?
I tried reading out loud but dont know what C52H84O22 is
Actually searching for it I found
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061130123830AAh3Sxc which gives the answer ...
-tomos (November 12, 2008, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never took a chemistry class, so I was totally lost on this one.

Tangential: It's always fun to see people getting answers to their homework on sites like Yahoo! Answers.

Paul Keith:
Brick Game 9999-in-1 games all in one portable handheld.

mouser:
Paul, that looks a bit like Merlin, which was amazing:
Wikipedia page on Merlin

40hz:
Paul, that looks a bit like Merlin, which was amazing:
Wikipedia page on Merlin
 (see attachment in previous post)
-mouser (November 21, 2008, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Merlin was definitely cool. It actually got used for some very serious research on human memory and learning systems back in the 70s. I forget exactly why it was considered so useful. I vaguely remember something about it being a perfect demonstration of operant something or another. When my girlfriend was getting her Master's degree in cognitive psych, she showed me a dozen interesting experiments you could do with it. (Yes, I was her guinea pig on more than one occasion!)

She still has one of these little red monsters. And it still works. ;D

Paul Keith:
Nah, brick game was a handheld based entirely on Tetris and every variation of Tetris that uses the basic pixels at it. If I remember correctly, they even have a shooter using all the basic tetris blocks. The choice menu in choosing a game number also used large tetris blocks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version