ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Things your kids will never know - old school tech!

<< < (23/35) > >>

zridling:
Anyone else remember getting high as a kid when the teacher handed out mimeographed copies of tests? I can still smell that ink. Maybe that's why I can't give up sniffing glue well into my 40s.  :P

Darwin:
Oh yeah... now you're talking, Zaine! I also remember the early days of photocopiers - all that blurry purple ink.

jojo99:
How to code in IBM BAL (Basic Assembler Language)? :)

40hz:
Anyone else remember getting high as a kid when the teacher handed out mimeographed copies of tests? I can still smell that ink. Maybe that's why I can't give up sniffing glue well into my 40s.  :P
-zridling (November 06, 2008, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not to mention the buzz you'd get when your teacher was making heavy use of the old-style Magic Markers. Those were good for a headache that you could take home with you at the end of the school day. As I recall, we actually enjoyed that part.
 :stars:
I've been given to understand they've since changed the formula to something less toxic.

Speaking of school technology - how about those tubs of white paste that had the consistency of peanut butter, which got doled out in scoops of for various crap craft projects. Then along came "stickies" and "rub-ons," and those little  bits of low-tech ended the days of "paste projects."

Darwin:
Not to mention the buzz you'd get when your teacher was making heavy use of the old-style Magic Markers. Those were good for a headache that you could take home with you at the end of the school day. As I recall, we actually enjoyed that part.
 :stars:-40hz (November 07, 2008, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh - all I ever saw were blackboards right through first year university.

Speaking of school technology - how about those tubs of white paste that had the consistency of peanut butter, which got doled out in scoops of for various crap craft projects. Then along came "stickies" and "rub-ons," and those little  bits of low-tech ended the days of "paste projects."
-40hz (November 07, 2008, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

That white paste also gave rise to the faintly offensive accusation: "you were one of those kids who used to eat paste in school, weren't you?" Should have realised that white paste was a thing of the past when were instructed to by my son an Uhu stick for Grade One.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version