ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Things your kids will never know - old school tech!

<< < (10/35) > >>

Edvard:
Maybe for most game consoles that holds true, but remember the pong games? The paddles were analog,
and I have a pair of (very) old joysticks I bought at a thrift shop because I was going to wire up a 4-way fader for a DJ friend. One is a Tandy, the other an IBM and they both have potentiometers in them... That's analog, baby!
I remember drawing with similar joystick units back in the Apple II days.
Oh hey! Speaking of drawing, remember Koala pads? Analog.

I think it's a case of old technology being re-worked into more useful and accurate 'new' technology.

Daleus:
Someone else beat me to B&W TV, but can I add cable television (which in itself is almost obsolete now too).

Also I was born before there was space flight (only by 4 months tho...).  Try that one on your kids!

PaladinMJ:
And it was ascii pr0n, IIRC.
 ;D
lawn darts!! oh here kids go throw these spears at targets set right infront of your feet... have fun now-PaladinMJ
--- End quote ---
LAWN DARTS!!11!!
Oh MAN do I miss lawn darts!! (see attachment in previous post)
-Edvard (October 22, 2008, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

i was good at those too. wait.... mmm. I MAY STILL HAVE A SET IN MY DAD'S ATTIC!!. Best look before das haus sales.

zridling:
How about:
What life was like without surveillance cameras everywhere you go?
(and pre-cellphone/GPS days.)

Darwin:
Good one! I remember life before the cell phone. It was a gentler, simpler time...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version