ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Things your kids will never know - old school tech!

<< < (4/35) > >>

f0dder:
Yeah, remember when a phone RANG? Like with a real BELL and everything?
 (see attachment in previous post)
The next time I hear someone's phone go "Doop Dippity Doop Doop" or blast the latest pop hit as the startled owner frantically fumbles in their purse or pocket to quiet the vile wireless beastie will be WAAAY too soon...
-Edvard (October 21, 2008, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I smiled when I read that XKCD strip - I'm not so much annoyed by various ringtones, though, as I'm annoyed by people who use their cellphone as a boombox in public. Use some darn earphones, kiddos!

My own cell plays Dimmu Borgir: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia: Sympozium when somebody calls me - simply because I used to miss calls when I used the standard ringtone. I almost always hear the phone now, though ;)

Darwin:
BTW I think that there may soon come a time when the whole concept of the internal combustion engine and the use of gasoline as a fuel for anything might be foreign to "yoots".

CWuestefeld:
BTW I think that there may soon come a time when the whole concept of the internal combustion engine and the use of gasoline as a fuel for anything might be foreign to "yoots".
-Darwin (October 21, 2008, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about
He says it used to be a farm, before the motor law
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me, an old machine ---
For fifty-odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car
A brilliant red barchetta, from a better, vanished time
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime...
-Rush
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Heh, heh - I'd forgotten about "Red Barchetta"  :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
Jesus built my hot-rod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version