topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DONE: AutoClick  (Read 10659 times)

rainy-day

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DONE: AutoClick
« on: November 18, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Challenge: a tiny auto hot key script (or a program) that clicks the left mouse button automatically when it's held in place for more than a set interval of time. It must be possible to set the interval somewhere, and to set the distance the pointer has to travel before it autoclicks (if you move it 3 pixels by accident, you obviously don't want it to auto-click). You don't want to get a autoclick if you move the pointer somewhere and left, right or middle click. It would be very good to suppress by holding a definable hotkey (shift?), and to turn it off easily and definably (ctrl-d?). It would be good to have a tray icon that shows very clearly, in different color, whether it's active or not.

Why #1. Most of fatigue from using the mouse comes from clicking. I used similar program and in my experience it did help a lot. It simply feels like it's two times easier to work.

Why #2. It makes you more conscious of how you work. You stop moving mouse aimlessly around. If you do, you get stung  :o At first it's a bit annoying but later on you find that it teaches you to discipline yourself to know what you want to do before doing it.

Why #3. It sometimes help to slow you down if you rush too much. You can control this effect by changing the autoclick delay. I've found that usually 0.3 sec works best for me, if I set it to .6 or .7, it feels a little slow for work but sometimes it has a relaxing effect, and this may be a good thing if you're not trying to meet a deadline..

Notes: There is a tiny freeware app that does just this, but it's unusable because it autoclicks even if you right-click somewhere. On top of that, there are no options or settings. I tried to find that program but search did not turn it up.. I've seen it about a year ago.

There is an autoclick in RSIGuart program. It's very useful and functional, but RSIGuard itself is $45, autoclick is only a tiny part of it and it does not let you temporarily suspend its action by holding a key. I'd probably buy it anyway but I'm a little short on money right now   ;D  The link to that feature on their site is:  www.rsiguard.net/help/helpac.htm

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: AutoClick
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 07:49 PM »
 :) Here's a script I made some time ago. I think I'll include it in my MouseActivate tool.

Skrommel

;AutoClick
;
;Clicks the left mousebutton automatically
;when the mouse is in the same place for 10*100ms

SysGet,dblx,36     ;SM_CXDOUBLECLK
SysGet,dbly,37     ;SM_CYDOUBLECLK

pause=10
counter=0

START:
  x2:=x1
  y2:=y1
  counter+=1
  disable=0
  KeyWait,LButton,D T0.05
  If ErrorLevel=0
    disable=1
  KeyWait,RButton,D T0.05
  If ErrorLevel=0
    disable=1
  MouseGetPos,x1,y1
  If (x1<x2-dblx Or x1>x2+dblx Or y1<y2-dbly Or y1>y2+dbly)
    counter=0
  If (counter=pause And disable=0)
    MouseClick,Left
Goto,START
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 04:30 PM by skrommel »

rainy-day

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 10:19 AM »
That's very good.. The only thing it really needs that's essential is to watch for clicks, drags and right-clicks and not to autoclick if there was one of those. Do you plan to develop this further? Are you using it yourself? Thx!

skrommel

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 10:50 AM »
 :) Just uploaded a new version of MouseActivate at www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel.
It includes the autoclick function, but it is disabled by default, so edit the ini file.

Also, delete the ini file if you have run MouseActivate before, so the new settings can be activated.

I also updated the script above to not click when the left or right mousebutton is down, but I don't know if it is enough.

Skrommel
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:02 AM by skrommel »

skrommel

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 04:17 PM »
 :) This change should do the trick! Check the sript above...

Also uploaded new verion of MouseActivate.

Skrommel

rainy-day

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Perfect :-). I added a little change - SetMouseDelay, 240. This creates a visual effect of button being pushed down and then action being carried out. This is very useful because you can see that you clicked the right button. Besides, when the button is pushed instantaneously that looks too weird.. maybe it's just me :P.  Much thanks for quick update! This will make my work much easier, I think.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 05:19 PM »
just a reminder to everyone who uses a skrommel tool, please remember to feed the skrommels with a little donation if you can afford it, just visit his 1 hour software page and click on the donate button.