topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows Media Player skin problem  (Read 9310 times)

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Windows Media Player skin problem
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:23 AM »
well, one day i decided to put in some new skins fo my WMP but then...when i switched to one particular skin which i dont remember what it was, it crashed my WMP and i cannot get in cuz everytime i do, it freezes and crashes without even giving me time to change teh skin. can anyone help?
ppl never know how to pronounce my name correctly...o well...Pa-posh-1 >_> <_<

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows Media Player skin problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Probably a malformed skin. Open a "Run..." box (you can do that from the Start menu), and type "regedit". Then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins" and you'll see a value that reads "CurrentSkin". Right click on it, and select "Modify". You'll see a path there that should point to your current skin, so change the path to point to another skin, like the default "Windows Classic.wmz" (if you use WMP11, that is).

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:13 AM »
got in, found teh file but no "Windows Media Player folder is in there...i'm probably screwed now >_>
i also have another question on how to activate last fm plugin on WinAmp

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 06:16 AM »
Probably a malformed skin. Open a "Run..." box (you can do that from the Start menu), and type "regedit". Then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins" and you'll see a value that reads "CurrentSkin". Right click on it, and select "Modify". You'll see a path there that should point to your current skin, so change the path to point to another skin, like the default "Windows Classic.wmz" (if you use WMP11, that is).

also, i think teh Windows XP Winter Fun Pack screwed it up too   :'( :(

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 01:44 AM »

ok, so now i got it back after rollbacking it to WMP 10 and now it doesn't crash and i manage to delete all teh skins, so i will update it back to WMP 11 now  :-* :P ;) :) :Thmbsup: :up:

manimatters

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 04:56 AM »
well, one day i decided to put in some new skins fo my WMP but then...when i switched to one particular skin which i dont remember what it was, it crashed my WMP and i cannot get in cuz everytime i do, it freezes and crashes without even giving me time to change teh skin. can anyone help?
Thats same thing that happened to me yesterday, in my case, i was just trying to see the "revert" skin thatt comes preinstalled, so I dont think its a malformed skin. Next time I opened WMP, it was in the default skin, so it isnt much of an annoyance. Maybe I should also rollback to WMP10.

Funny how WMP always finds a way for me to "not like" it, one way or the other.

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:50 AM »
Thats same thing that happened to me yesterday, in my case, i was just trying to see the "revert" skin thatt comes preinstalled, so I dont think its a malformed skin. Next time I opened WMP, it was in the default skin, so it isnt much of an annoyance. Maybe I should also rollback to WMP10.

Funny how WMP always finds a way for me to "not like" it, one way or the other.

as soon as u rollback and if a Visualizations installer or watever that u installed into teh WMP pops up, u gotta keep clicking cancel on it like i did and removed all teh skins u installed into it