ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Media Player skin problem

(1/2) > >>

papoj1:
well, one day i decided to put in some new skins fo my WMP but then...when i switched to one particular skin which i dont remember what it was, it crashed my WMP and i cannot get in cuz everytime i do, it freezes and crashes without even giving me time to change teh skin. can anyone help?

Lashiec:
Probably a malformed skin. Open a "Run..." box (you can do that from the Start menu), and type "regedit". Then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins" and you'll see a value that reads "CurrentSkin". Right click on it, and select "Modify". You'll see a path there that should point to your current skin, so change the path to point to another skin, like the default "Windows Classic.wmz" (if you use WMP11, that is).

papoj1:
got in, found teh file but no "Windows Media Player folder is in there...i'm probably screwed now >_>
i also have another question on how to activate last fm plugin on WinAmp

papoj1:
Probably a malformed skin. Open a "Run..." box (you can do that from the Start menu), and type "regedit". Then navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins" and you'll see a value that reads "CurrentSkin". Right click on it, and select "Modify". You'll see a path there that should point to your current skin, so change the path to point to another skin, like the default "Windows Classic.wmz" (if you use WMP11, that is).
-Lashiec (October 21, 2008, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

also, i think teh Windows XP Winter Fun Pack screwed it up too   :'( :(

papoj1:
-Lashiec (October 21, 2008, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

ok, so now i got it back after rollbacking it to WMP 10 and now it doesn't crash and i manage to delete all teh skins, so i will update it back to WMP 11 now  :-* :P ;) :) :Thmbsup: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version