Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 06:04:18 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR window narrows by itself at random  (Read 4295 times)
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

So, I've observed some weird behaviour in FARR during the last versions. When I run it for the first time, the window is a perfectly wide floating thing on my desktop, which I really like because it offers me more information about the links at a glance, like so:

But, as time passes and I use the system as normal, I observed that the window ends up narrowed like this:

The only explanation I can find for this is that the window loses part of its width due to a change in desktop resolution, probably triggered by some full-screen game or video. Is there a way to stop this to happen?
d4ni
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:53:28 PM »

Run games at your native resolution Wink Full screen video shouldn't change the resolution. Other than that, I am out of suggestions so wait for Mouser's reply smiley
SoldOnParadise
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »

I too am having this same problem. It might just be a coincidence, but I first noticed the narrowing right after watching a movie in full screen.
SoldOnParadise
Participant

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:29:57 PM »

As a follow-up to my previous post, my window keeps getting smaller as time goes on. Anybody else having this problem with FARR in VISTA?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »

can you try a different skin and see if the problem goes away or persists?
SoldOnParadise
Participant

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »

On your suggestion I tried numerous skins but the window stays the same. It is very narrow now, not wide enough to read the version number after "Find and Run Robot" in the title bar.
Lashiec

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »

My solution for the narrowing window involves deleting the "FindAndRunRobot.ini" file in the installation directory, and running FARR again (you have to reconfigure the program to suit your needs, though). Essentially, it's like starting with a fresh installation. That reverts the window back to its original size. I observed the latest version does not narrow the window as frequently as older ones, but it keeps happening from time to time. Hope this helps :)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »

i'll have a look and see if i can fix.  i think the narrowing is happening as a side effect to a trick i have had to use to get columns to readjust their size; i can see if really still have to do that kludgey trick.
SoldOnParadise
Participant

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »

My solution for the narrowing window involves deleting the "FindAndRunRobot.ini" file in the installation directory, and running FARR again (you have to reconfigure the program to suit your needs, though). Essentially, it's like starting with a fresh installation. That reverts the window back to its original size. I observed the latest version does not narrow the window as frequently as older ones, but it keeps happening from time to time. Hope this helps smiley

Thanks for the tip, but in my case I just started using FARR so it's already a brand new installation.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »

i believe i've fixed the bug that is requiring you to delete the ini file; i'm not sure if ive 100% fixed the problem of it occasionally narrowing, but at least it won't revert back when you resize the window yourself. which is what's forcing you to delete the .ini file.

But the fix is in the new version which isn't released yet, going to make a few more changes this week before i upload new version.
SoldOnParadise
Participant

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 12:55:17 AM »

Update

The latest version still continues to narrow with use.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »

Sad ok i shall look again.
d4ni
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:11 AM »

I have never had farr resize itself btw. Running XP SP3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us