ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug report] FARR is putting two entries in Startup folder

<< < (2/2)

tinjaw:
Both. And toggling off startup support in FARR will also delete both.

tinjaw:
I do not know the cause yet, but it is not a but in FARR. I have been seeing this same behavior with several other programs recently. It is obviously something wrong with my Windows configuration.

lanux128:
can't be two entries in the same Startup folder. one must be in '<username>/Start Menu' and the other 'All Users/Start Menu'.

Note: just noticed your last post. since it's 'spreading' to other programs as well, something is definitely wrong with your Startup folders in general. will let you know if i find out anything. :)

tinjaw:
I think I figured out what is happening. Now I need to test my theory. I think I somehow moved my personal startup folder with the All Users startup folder. My personal one is missing. I am about to check the registry. I bet they are both pointing to the same folder and if I split them up again, all will be fine.

Now I need to research how to test and fix this.

lanux128:
you can use TweakUI to point to your userprofile Startup folder or take a look here to manually edit your registry.

Tweak UI

• http://windowstipsandfixes.blogspot.com/2007/09/restore-startup-folder.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version