ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3.5 [FINAL]

<< < (6/10) > >>

J-Mac:
Well, when Fx 2 was released I upgraded immediately and was without most of my extensions for a few months. Worse, Roboform was not able to work on Fx 2 for a while.

When Fx 3 was released I waited three months and had problems with only three extensions, and I was able to get two working with the Nightly Tester Tool. Tab Mix Plus just got their Fx 3 extension out about a month and a half ago. They did have a "developers' build" available but not publicized at all, and that one was a true-blue beta - lotsa Fx crashes while they worked out the kinks.

As I said, I prefer to wait until I know I can use all or most of my extensions before upgrading - can't see why I would want or need to before that. (And I am not asking or telling anyone else to "prefer" my way!)

Jim

nosh:
The leap from FF2 to 3 was surprisingly smooth.

I tried the 3.1 beta cursorily, most of my (53) extensions didn't want to play along so I guess I'll be waiting too.

Ehtyar:
BETA 3 has been released (as per the modified subject). Ars has an interesting article here that details some interesting things going on at Mozilla. The portable version is available here, see here for instructions on how to run it concurrently with another running instance.

Ehtyar.

MilesAhead:
Running FF 3.1 beta 3 and the thing I can't figure out, is the New Tab Button on the Tab Bar seems to appear at random. I thought I had it figured out that if I had the New Tab Button on the Toolbar, that it wouldn't come up, but I guess that was coincidence since now I open up and there it is again.  Seems to be no way to kill it off. (The one on the Tab Bar I mean, I can put up with the one on the Toolbar, at least it doesn't keep moving around.)

Any FF gurus know the Easter Egg to get this thing off off my psyche?  :)

Ehtyar:
The final is out boils and goils!!!

Get the portable version here to try things out.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version