ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rapid Environment Editor - Freeware Windows environment variables editor

(1/1)

lanux128:
just noticed this on shellcity. similar to DC's System Path Commander.

Rapid Environment Editor (RapidEE) is an environment variables editor. It includes easy to use GUI and replaces small and inconvenient Windows edit box. RapidEE supports all Windows versions, including Windows Vista.
-website
--- End quote ---

• http://www.rapidee.com/en/about

mouser:
haven't tried it yet but it's very cool looking thing, and could be quite useful.

i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got -- it's a prefect example of a program that does one thing REALLLY well, with a really clean and simple user interface.

fenixproductions:
2mouser
i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got -- it's a prefect example of a program that does one thing REALLLY well, with a really clean and simple user interface.-mouser (October 18, 2008, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the same about:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/envvar.html

crono:
i still think that System Path Commander deserved a lot more attention than it ever got
-mouser (October 18, 2008, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
totally agree - its one of the first tools I install on a fresh machine. It's really cool, but It doesn't work on vista :(

//edit:
Oh - I see it has been updated -  I assume it works with vista (by looking at the screenshots) - very nice :)

y0himba:
System Path Commander does work on Vista.  I agree, not as much attention as it deserves, quick clean and easy and does exactly what it is built to do.

Rapid Environment Editor helped a lot when I installed Vista for the first time.  I have used it a couple of times since to add command line utilities to my path, and it's dead simple, clean, and fast.  Love it.  Glad to see it here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version