ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Source Code / Code Snippet Manager

<< < (5/9) > >>

kartal:
kartal, Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what the firefox issue is. When I drag text from firefox to a folder in the toolbar dock, it creates a new snippet fine. I just need to type a description and save.
-David
-mtelligent (June 15, 2009, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

David, that issue was happening with the main window. The snippet bar seems fine, it is just not my way of dealing with collecting information.

Another solution could be a dropbox instead of large side bar or customizable global shortcut support(windows key) for toggling the snippet bar.

I am really happy to hear about new stuff you are working on, definetely they will add great value.

Btw I did not have time to check out the folder structure. Is it saving files in flat files in folders? That would be great because it would make it easy to exchange between other applications.

bmms:
Shameless self-promotion:

PhraseExpress can save text and code snippets and organize them in categories. Additionally, it includes a clipboard cache, supports html/rtf text formatting and bitmaps in the text snippets.

Check it out at http://www.phraseexpress.com

It is free for personal use.

mtelligent:
kartal, the snippets are xml files stored in normal windows folders. When you add a snippet collection (basically a high level folder), you specify the folder location where the xml files get saved. You can even put them on network shares so teams can use the same snippets.

I can probably easily add support for a global hot key to toggle the visibility of the docking bar. I already allow you to assign global hot keys to use specific snippets. I'll let you know when that is implemented.

kartal:
kartal, the snippets are xml files stored in normal windows folders. When you add a snippet collection (basically a high level folder), you specify the folder location where the xml files get saved. You can even put them on network shares so teams can use the same snippets.

I can probably easily add support for a global hot key to toggle the visibility of the docking bar. I already allow you to assign global hot keys to use specific snippets. I'll let you know when that is implemented.
-mtelligent (June 17, 2009, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I can see why xml is the choice for file format, but that means that the user cannot browse the snippets with another editor. I also tried exporting the a snippet but it is not giving any text based file choice, only archive format? So basically there is not any way to take the file(s) out of Snip-it pro except copy pasting I guess.

I am personally looking for an easy way to collect snippets but does not necessarily mean that I would want to be tied to Snippet application to browse them. Just an observation. I think you made a design desicion and it works fine as it is.

Please update this thread when you have the toggling. I would definetely try it.

mtelligent:
I Implemented the feature last night and just published it this morning.

CTRL, ALT, "S" will toggle the visibility of the snippet toolbar now.

By the way, There is another way to get snippets out of Snip-It Pro. You can publish them to Snipplr.com. Sign up for an account and enter your app ID into Snip-It Pro to enable this feature. Besides Snip-It Pro, there are plugins for Textmate and other programs that will allow you to get your snippets from Snipplr, so you won't be tied to Snip-It Pro. Snipplr is a pretty cool code snippet community, and every snippet you favorite, is viewable in Snip-It Pro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version