ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Source Code / Code Snippet Manager

<< < (4/9) > >>

mtelligent:
When you say snapping, you mean the docking? when you hit the close button, it doesn't exit. It can be brought back from the system tray.

You can also try unpinning it and it will autohide.

Hope that helps.

-Dave

FSL:
Why don't try my DTT (Developer's Tips & Tricks)?  It's free...  :)

Free download from: DTT page

Best regards,
FSL

kartal:
Why don't try my DTT (Developer's Tips & Tricks)?  It's free...  :)

Free download from: DTT page

Best regards,
FSL
-FSL (June 13, 2009, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually tried that one but it did not have drag and drop support. To me without that feature I do not feel any need for using another application really. Do not get me wrong it looks works very nice but personally I prefer dd over many other features.

kartal:
When you say snapping, you mean the docking? when you hit the close button, it doesn't exit. It can be brought back from the system tray.

You can also try unpinning it and it will autohide.

Hope that helps.

-Dave
-mtelligent (June 12, 2009, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dave, I personally am not big fan of docking apps but I am sure there are many who would prefer it due to convenience. So I closed it and tried to use it without the docking bar. But it seems like the main window is not handling the drag and drops the way the side bar was handling.  The other thing is that everytime I dd from FF it keeps asking me to specify a target. The thing is that I have been already dropping on target on the docking bar. 

I guess I am not used to the way your application has been designed. So I just keep hitting certain walls here.

It is a very nice app but I will pass on this one. Here are my reasons

-No dark themes(text, highlighting, background)
-Drag and drop support is mainly supported for the docking bar.
-no search highlighting (searched words)

mtelligent:
kartal, Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what the firefox issue is. When I drag text from firefox to a folder in the toolbar dock, it creates a new snippet fine. I just need to type a description and save.

As far as dark themes, go, I am using a control vendor that provides themes, so until they make another layout available, i will add it.

Drag and Drop for the main window is something I am working on. That whole window is new to the program, it used to be a separate popup window for each snippet.

Search highlighting is a great idea, and something I will consider for the next point release.

Thanks,

-David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version