ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

save everything I type

(1/3) > >>

Babis:

Hello, I am interested for the simplest possible app that will save everything as text, in a text file.

Any recommendations? thanks.

patteo:
Smart Type Assistant - typing automation, time-saving utility. Download Keyboard macros software
"Smart Type Assistant offers you Smart Diary – a useful feature for automatically saving what you type. It will help you to recall what you wrote some time ago, and to restore important documents after Windows crashes. It automatically stores everything you type in the strongly encrypted file, which can be protected with a password. It can help you to organize your archives."
http://www.blazingtools.com/sta.html

rjbull:
I run PowerPro, which has a built-in *Exec LogKeys feature.  I wouldn't say it was the simplest possible application, though.  What you're looking for is a benign (we hope) keylogger.  You might try  Emsa Save My Work (not checked by me).

Emsa Save My Work is a quite simple but useful typed data recovery program. It works on a principle similar to usual key loggers but in a different fashion and purpose. Instead of spying on other people keystrokes, this program is designed to be fully visible and used by the actual computer owner and record the keystrokes typed into the computer, in order to provide a backup of all this typed data, should any problem occur. The program is very helpful because it saves all your typed data while you work. How many times you have lost your work because of power failure, blue screens, computer accidental reset, internet failure, user mistake or kids hitting the computer cables and any such unexpected events?

--- End quote ---

Suggest you also look at this DC thread: pls recommend a good benign keylogger.  That's where I heard about Emsa.

rjbull:
Smart Type Assistant
-patteo (October 16, 2008, 03:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

patteo,

Did you use Smart Typing Assistant to copy what you posted in the other thread?   :)

Ugh - URL blocked by company nannybot - will have to check when I get home...

Babis:
thanks for all suggestions, will revert with results

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version