Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 06:17:05 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hedgewars: Excellent Free Clone of the Classic Game "Worms"  (Read 7362 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »

Today on freewaregenius.com, Samer introduces us to Hedgewars, an extremely faithful and polished clone of the terrific Worms game series.

Hard to say it better than Samer did:
Description: Hedgewars is multiplatform, a free turn-based blast-em-up in the vein of Worms. It features a wide range of weapons, multiple maps, and excellent graphics and audio. Offers single player, multiplayer, and (in theory) multiplayer over the internet modes.

If you’ve ever wondered why there are so many Worm clones and offshoots here’s the reason: Worms is an extremely playable, fun game. Although there are many freeware Worms clones but many of these are DOS games that lag behind in their production qualities (and/or do not readily run on XP/Vista), which is why Hedgewars was such a fantastic find for me personally: it offers excellent graphics and sound and excellent playability and physics.

In contrast to Worms variations such as the brilliant Soldat (which abandoned the turn-based model in favor of real-time gameplay), Hedgewars is a very faithful adaptation that sticks to the turn-based model and recreates most of the original elements, from the wacky range of weaponry to the destructible environment, and even the cartoonish look and feel all the way down the little one-liners that the characters utter at the end of each turn.
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »

If I knew that no one here knows about this, I could give a hint 2 years quicker Wink

Currently I am waiting for this to be cool / trendy / jazzy:
http://www.acid-play.com/download/liero-xtreme/

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
When I am bored I write for displaynone smiley
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:43:16 AM »

cool links! the worms are one my favourite critters games besides the lemmings. smiley

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:26:16 AM »

So who wants to play?

relipse
Charter Honorary Member

I love Jesus. Coding now Qt using c++!

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »

funny you mention hedgewars, i just got done with Wormux, an open source worms clone with network play,
check it out www.wormux.org

i downloaded hedgewars and got a white screen behind all of the hedgehogs when trying to play, not sure why =(

pretty much unplayable, anyone else have the same problems?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:13:01 AM by relipse » Logged

Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:05 AM »

Wormux looks very cool, definitely going to try that too.

Most importantly Wormux looks like its made to be easy to add new mascots into the game..
If so.. can someone PLEASE add Cody!
relipse
Charter Honorary Member

I love Jesus. Coding now Qt using c++!

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »

open source, we can easily make a mod for donationcoders =)

Ex C++Builder coder, current PHP coder, and noob Qt Coder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.01 ]