topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Unofficial Windows-7 news site now up  (Read 9107 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Unofficial Windows-7 news site now up
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:26 AM »
From ghacks.net

Everton from Connected Internet and I are running a Windows 7 joint venture located at Windows 7 News dot com which is providing everyone with news about the upcoming Microsoft operating system. The announcement that Microsoft would keep the name was really exciting and motivated us to bring the news site to the next level.

http://www.ghacks.ne...windows-7-news-site/

Link to it here: http://windows7news.com/

Might be worth a read, although most of what currently passes for Windows-7 "news" on the web more accurately falls into the rumor mill category. This site should become more useful once Microsoft starts making real announcements.

Looks to be a professional offering, although ghack's comment "The announcement that Microsoft would keep the name was really exciting and motivated us to bring the news site to the next level." sounds a bit fanboy to my ears. If that's what's considered exciting news, please, please, pretty please, bring it to the next level!

(I must be getting grumpy in my dotage. ;D)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 06:33 AM by 40hz »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Unofficial Windows-7 news site now up
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I think I screwed up. Should this have been posted here instead?

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=15107.0

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:04 AM »
If that's what's considered exciting news, please, please, pretty please, bring it to the next level!

MS Paint and Notepad have been REVAMPED! Haven't you heard?

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I think new Windows will even ommit "My" out of everything, they' owe that anyway  :P

ghacks

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:19 AM »
40hz that was a personal comment. It simply means that I'm happy that they did not change the name because of the domain names that I own ;) I did not rate the name in any way although I think that it will do better than Windows Vista or any other name like that.

About the apps getting updated. While it hopefully is not their top priority it was time to update some of the applications that ship with every new Windows operating system to this century. I hope they stick with the "simplicity" theme throughout the whole operating system.

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Nice site, Martin. As a ghacks regular I'm looking forward to getting some W7 updates from you. BTW, any chance of getting full feeds?  :)

ghacks

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Full feeds are activated but somehow only the first paragraph is shown, will look into it. Thanks for the tip ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 11:16 AM »
40hz that was a personal comment. It simply means that I'm happy that they did not change the name because of the domain names that I own ;) I did not rate the name in any way although I think that it will do better than Windows Vista or any other name like that.

Apologies if I offended. Especially since I greatly admire ghacks.net for its content and coverage, and recommend it to friends and business associates every chance I get.

Chalk it up to my misreading, coupled with the residual crabbiness of someone who is still in recovery from all the hype and blather (albeit not at ghacks - for which I thank you) that surrounded the iPhone.

On a more serious note: How much longer do you figure you have before Microsoft Legal sends you a letter telling you they've registered/trademarked Windows-7 and you'll have to call your domain something else?

Luck with that, and again my apologies if I offended you. :)

ghacks

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 12:24 PM »
40hz no offense taken, just wanted to correct the issue ;)

I don't think that we will get those letters anytime soon. It could happen but Microsoft did not seem to take an aggressive stance on news sites in the past and I doubt they will change that. It's free publicity for them. It would be a different story if we would have registered Windows7.com or some other premium domain name that Microsoft needs for promotion.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Wow, now that's a great site! Thanks for the link, 40hz.