ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Eggnog season is upon us!

<< < (3/12) > >>

40hz:
by sticking a hot poker from the fire into your glass of wine and throw in a couple of spices - but that could be a myth of course-tomos (October 14, 2008, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I should mull it over, you wouldn't want to myth with a red-hot poker!-cranioscopical (October 14, 2008, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the spirit! But I wonder...is sitting around the fireplace getting drunk what they mean when they say "I was involved in a fender bender?"

f0dder: Do you have a good Glögg recipe you'd care to share with us. I notice you're from Denmark, so I'd guess you're better qualified to talk about Glögg then most.

Edvard: I'm with you 100% on the whole eggnog thing. I'll take it any way I get it, although someone did me up a mug of it last Christmas with a splash of Southern Comfort that I thought was quite good. It also made me happy somebody finally found something that Southern Comfort was actually good for. (I'm joking! sorta...  ;))

I'd also like to toss in a vote for apple cider as another good thing that comes with the autumn season. I'm in New England, so this time of year is noted for the arrival of gallons and gallons of superb (locally produced) cider. Good hot or cold - and with or without a splash of "Dutch courage."

"Life is good!"

cranioscopical:
gallons and gallons of superb (locally produced) cider-40hz (October 14, 2008, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Half-and-half with Guinness...

tomos:
gallons and gallons of superb (locally produced) cider-40hz (October 14, 2008, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (October 14, 2008, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

presume you mean alcoholic cider (? european cider!) - there's a name for that mix .. cant remember it though
Was popular with teens in Ireland when I was growing up: with strong cider - get drunk quick :o

Remember visiting people once who made mulled cider with cinnamon sticks & cloves and god knows what else - it was good
Funny, with all that (american) cider in New England, that they never got into producing the alcoholic variety.
Was just reading lately that the first Puritans who landed in New England brought thousands of gallons of beer so we cant blame the Puritans (mind you, in fairness, in those days water wasnt safe to drink unless taken directly from a spring or well so beer was a convenient solution :).

tomos:
and
seen as halloween comes first

Eggnog season is upon us!

[got it in the mail - it's doing the rounds so I cant credit it ..]

f0dder:
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (October 14, 2008, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

presume you mean alcoholic cider (? european cider!) - there's a name for that mix .. cant remember it though
Was popular with teens in Ireland when I was growing up: with strong cider - get drunk quick :o
-tomos (October 15, 2008, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Snakebite?

Afaik that was banned in several places in the UK because people couldn't handle it.

Oh, when I ordered a snakebite at some pub here in �rhus some months ago, the Strongbow cider wasn't mixed with Guinness (which would've been nice, I bet) but with something blackcurrant-ish. Absolute awful :( - fortunately a girl friend of mine didn't like her Hobgoblin, so we traded and everybody ended up happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version