ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

100-fold WPA/WPA2 bruteforce speed increase

(1/3) > >>

f0dder:
I pondered a bit whether I should post this or not, since it'll undoubtedly be part of Ehtyar's tech news weekly. But I figured it's interesting enough to stand out on it's own... this says something about the massive power today's generally programmable GPUs have for very specific parallellizable operations - almost to the point of making small-scale in-your-own-basement supercomputers affordable.

Russian researchers achieve 100-fold increase in WPA2 cracking speed:

EDIT: added hyperlink to image, for those too lazy to google for keywords ;P

wreckedcarzz:
Great, more problems for Wi-Fi owners.

That goes both ways with me; I have Wi-Fi I manage at home, but at the same time, I want into my school's Wi-Fi. Good vs evil. Too bad I can't afford 2 GX2's in SLI.

Deozaan:
That's both cool and scary at the same time.

f0dder:
Great, more problems for Wi-Fi owners.

That goes both ways with me; I have Wi-Fi I manage at home, but at the same time, I want into my school's Wi-Fi. Good vs evil. Too bad I can't afford 2 GX2's in SLI.
-wreckedcarzz (October 13, 2008, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Notice that you need "a couple" of rigs with those cards, not just a single SLI machine, if you want to take brute-forcing down to a few days worth of time. But it's still a lot more affordable than custom hardware or supercomputers, which is the point :)

I think that the article price of "€599 for a network of 20" is way off - you might be able to put together a single box for that kind of cash if you find the right deals, though :) (€599 ~ $810).

Deozaan:
I think that the article price of "€599 for a network of 20" is way off - you might be able to put together a single box for that kind of cash if you find the right deals, though :) (€599 ~ $810).
-f0dder (October 13, 2008, 07:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah I was wondering about that. Maybe it meant it cost that much for each system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version