ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend a keyboard

<< < (4/5) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I decided on the Logitech G11, and I'm now a week into my use of it. Overall I'm quite happy with it. A few impressions:

* Good feel and layout.
* The thing is huge: it seems a bit deeper than an average keyboard, but mostly, it's incredibly wide due to the extra button rows on the left. The extra depth makes it harder to get to the multimedia keys, as they're slightly under my monitor.
* It doesn't have the clipboard buttons that I'd sought as such, but with 18 programmable buttons (times three banks), so far I've set buttons for

* Cut, Copy, Paste
* Select All
* Run ScreenSaver (because mine won't come on by itself anymore)
* Left the bottom-left key empty, because I still have to learn that it's not the Ctrl key
* Bring up Ditto and paste as text.I'm glad for the 18 keys on the G11 rather than the 6 on the G15.

* The volume wheel is cool.
I still wish for the scroll wheel from my BTC.

KamyKaze:
I have to jump in to recommend the keyboard I use and like so much. It's a little different from what you were looking for but it's perfect for me and I hope to others.

Recommend a keyboard

It's from A4Tech and is sold as part of a wireless Kb&Mouse set. I love A4Tech wireless mice. Although the KB uses rechargeable AA batteries I only change these about two times a year and the wireless signal receiver doubles as a battery charger. Same for the mouse signal receiver.  The reason I prefer wireless is because I have a big desk and the KB and mouse routinely are on top of large paper drawings sheets that I work with.
The keypad on my KB gets at least as much use as the letter keys and here is the real reason for this model preference: the keypad is on the left!.  I find this is a more natural location for use with the left hand and allows for continuous right hand use of the mouse.
I seldom have to type long times and am not the most accomplished typist but I use all fingers and I prefer this A-shaped key layout to the traditional one. I like how the keys travel and fell firm. The detachable wrist pad adds comfort.
I use most of the multimedia buttons but have still to configure all of these for use with my players and other non Microsoft sw. There's also a mouse wheel on the KB that doesn't get used at all.

housetier:
actually I was looking for a keyboard that has the numeric keys on the left for a long time. thanks for the hint, KamyKaze

Mark0:
I bought myself a G15 yesterday (not being able to withstand anymore the terrible Apple Pro), and I'm very satisfied.
The touch is very nice (for a softy), and the programmability just great.
The LCD display (with 4 dedicated keys) is also a very nice device.

I'm very fond of the great clicky keyboards (have one from around 1991, still working great), but they are simply unusable at late hours, when others are sleeping! :)

Bye!

mouser:
A friend gave me this keyboard and i like it a lot:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Natural-Ergo-Keyboard-4000/dp/B000A6PPOK

The one thing i will warn you about having a non-traditional keyboard is that it makes it hard to switch back and forth if you use a different keyboard at home/work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version