ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend a keyboard

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
What's the point of DAS Keyboard? -Deozaan (October 13, 2008, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

- the point of Das Keyboard is the mechanical quality, not some features.

Fedorov:
Saitek Eclipse I or II - we use v1 in the office at work because I firmly believe these "gaming" keyboards are the best to handle the heavy duty office work, especially as we are programmers and these things get hammered!

v2 I use at home having upgraded from v1 - just as good if not better in my opinion.

I too HATE these keyboards that do not use STANDARD key sizes and layouts as I'm also a touch typist and rely on the keys being where they are supposed to be! :)

4wd:
The Logitech G11 and G15 seem to have become cult favorites. I assume from this that I'd be clear of the crashing problems I've been having. And they seem well-supported. They're also quite pricey.-CWuestefeld (October 13, 2008, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

G15 v2 here, only has 6 'G' keys but has the LCD which the G11 doesn't, (which I use to monitor various daemons and system info).

Best keyboard I've ever had - the on-the-fly macro programming of the G keys is an absolute winner.
eg.
Hit MR (Macro Record)
Hit a G key
Do whatever you want on the keyboard
Hit MR again
Macro is now assigned to that G key and is now there until you wipe it or you can go into the Profiler and save it as a permanent macro.

You can assign Macros, Keystrokes, Functions, Shortcuts and Text Blocks but with V2.00 of the software they also added the ability to create LUA scripts using the built in editor so you can simulate mouse clicks and more.

Yes, it cost a fair bit, (AU$89 here), still cheaper than some Microsoft keyboards though.

If you get a chance to try one, do it.

Personally I prefer the slimmer v2 over the wider v1 plus I don't have a need for 18 programmable keys.

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

-Curt (October 14, 2008, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like something MONSTER CABLES would try to pull off. Make a plain keyboard with no letter etchings and sell it for $140 claiming the gold contacts made it all worth it. :huh:

f0dder:
--- End quote ---

-Curt (October 14, 2008, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like something MONSTER CABLES would try to pull off. Make a plain keyboard with no letter etchings and sell it for $140 claiming the gold contacts made it all worth it. :huh:
-Deozaan (October 14, 2008, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
*big grin*

In fairness, though, the Das Keyboard is supposed to have pretty good build quality - and iirc there's also something about the key weighting/resistance being different in different parts of the key, for optimal typing comfort. Dunno if it's true and dunno if it works, but I think that was one of the selling points as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version