ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend a keyboard

(1/5) > >>

CWuestefeld:
For months I've been suffering through frequent blue screens (especially frustrating when burning a DVD!). I've finally isolated the problem to the driver for my BTC multimedia keyboard. So out it goes, and here I am looking for suggestions for a replacement.

Requirements:

* Firm keys - spongy stuff is no good
* Full-size keys - I'm a good touch typist, and if the keys aren't the regular size or location I get thrown off. This applies especially to the "Ins/Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn" group that manufacturers like to monkey with.
* Multimedia keysExtra preferences (these are why I like the BTC in the first place), not required but I'd like them:

* Scroll wheel or ball
* Clipboard hotkeys (cut/copy/paste)
* Wired (I don't want to replace batteries, and there's no need since I'm always in the same spot)
Anybody got a favorite keyboard they can recommend?

40hz:
Much like finding the perfect pen, I am always looking for the perfect keyboard. I have about two dozen keyboards sitting in storage or out on indefinite (i.e. borrowed by my Sis with no intention of returning) loan. They range in price from $0 (came with a PC)  to over $100 per.

The one I use is the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000. A pretty much 'no-frill' offering with (IMHO) a 'touch' to die for.

You can get one from Amazon for $19.95. Spend an extra $5 on something (I bought two!) and they'll ship it free.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Curve-Keyboard-B2L-00002/dp/B0009ZBRS0

A good review can be found here: http://torley.com/review-microsoft-comfort-curve-keyboard-2000-2

Won't get you any bragging rights, but it feels great and it works flawlessly with Windows or Linux. Spill resistant too!

housetier:

I recommend Das Keyboard. It looks damn cool and it will very very quickly improve your typing skills. It is supposed to be based on the famous IBM Model M keyboard, with mechanical keys and audible clicks. The next keyboard I buy, it's gonna be this one.

Now if only they had an illuminated version...

Stoic Joker:
I've got one of these: Saitek Eclipse It ran about $60 ... and was/is well worth it. Smooth, tactile, clean & compact. The back lighting could stand to be a bit better (for me ... but I'm old), but I have used it without (too much) issue (frequently) in a completely dark room.

zridling:
The more function keys the better. I'm so hooked on this older MS Natural Multimedia 1.0 keyboard that I bought several at $19/ea. I can accurately type 80+ wpm on it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version