ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Start with Vista startup

(1/2) > >>

Bigroncoleman:
Hi I downloaded the Circle dock app, and loved it. But the problem is that when I install it, it does not get installed like a real program, it just runs as a temporary program, that shuts down when I shut down my pc. Then I have to re-install it everytime I start my pc....what am I doing wrong? How do I install it like a real program that can start when windows starts. I would love to use circle dock as my main program launcher. Am I downloading a wrong version or?

VideoInPicture:
You can try placing a shortcut to the Circle Dock.exe file in your Windows startup folder. I didn't want to touch anything in the registry. However, you may encounter a bug where the background separates from the rest of the dock on startup. This is something that needs to be fixed.

Bigroncoleman:
alright I can try that, but will it remember the changes I made? (the programs I put into the wheel and theor icons) og will I have to start all over again everytime the program starts? The way it is right now, it seems as though the program is a "for review only"-program. A program you can try but cannot really use, as it does not install but merely runs as a temporaty program. Why does it not install in its own folder like all other programs?

VideoInPicture:
Circle Dock will remember all your settings and changes. It stores them in the .ini files in the Circle Dock folder under System -> Settings. Since it is alpha-level in terms of development, it is best that there is no installer so that you can easily test new versions by just opening up a folder instead of going through an install and uninstall process.

Bigroncoleman:
Okay, thank you, I will try it then. I think it's a really great program, great idea, and it looks beautiful so I'd really love to use it if I can get it to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version