ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Note

<< < (2/4) > >>

wep:
I like your "Note" program, Richard  :up:  Can you add Ctrl+Enter hotkey for closing opened note? It must autosave changes as generally.

deviantopian:
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. Ctrl-Enter to close & save sounds like it might be a good idea. I'll add that to my list.

justice:
Nice one this program might just replace the windows vista sidebar for me. See how it goes. Less is more!

deviantopian:
Thanks guys. I've added a couple of new features:

* Ctrl-Enter now closes and saves
* If there is a file called Default.note in the same folder as Note.exe, new notes will inherit their settings from this file
I've also set up a web page for the program: http://theunusualsuspect.com/software/note

Enjoy!

Richard

wep:
Great!

Few new ideas for "Note":
When first line of txt-file starts with ".LOG", the notepad, with which it was opened,
automatically adds the timestamp at the end line. So, you can add similar log functionality in
the "Note".

Also you can enhance functionality  with ".CLIPBOARD" stamp.
When first line starts with .CLIPBOARD, then Note shall automatically paste the clipboard
content at the end with blank line before it (which possibly includes timestamp).

Simple alarm functionality.
When the first line starts with .ALARM the Note will start but it will show note only at the
alarm time in the one of following formats:

.ALARM ; beeps and show the note
.ALARM =1:30 ; beeps and show the note at 1:30
.ALARM =1:30 05.11.2008 ; beeps and show the note at 1:30 only if the current date is

To working with date and time in the alarm mode, "Note" must differently recognize ":" and "."
delimiters for time and date stamps.

You can enhance your "Note" or to build new program to realize alarm-functionality idea which
make records similarly as "Note" with save&close by Ctrl+Enter. I would be prefer to have "Note"
with alarm-functionality.

TIMER functionality can be realized with ".TIMER" (with beep) or ".PAUSE" (without beep) first
line stamp. Possibly ".BEEP" stamp only beeps and do not show any note, if someone needs it.

.PAUSE ; countdown timer stamp with default time-meter in minutes
.PAUSE =1:23 ; Show note after 1 hour and 23 minutes
.PAUSE =1h23 ; Show note after 1 hour and 23 minutes
.PAUSE =123 ; Show note after 123 minutes (not 1 hour and 23 minutes)
.PAUSE =123s ; Show note after 123 seconds
.PAUSE =::123 ; Show note after 123 seconds

Similarly with these ideas you can enhance your Note's functionality using many other first line
stamps.

Also alarm and timer functions can be realized as files with different extesions:
*.alarm
*.pause
*.timer
*.beep
which will processed by your "Note" program.

"*.alarm" extension ideas:
When you open your note saved with ".alarm" extension, it will start process, but note will

shown only at the time assigned in the filename.
e.g. 12h30.alarm file will opened by "Note"-program but its window will hidden while 12:30 time
occurs.

The filename must be in timestamp format.

Filename as timestamp also is possible idea to realize alarm functionality in the .note files
instead of .ALARM stamp in the first line.

For new .alarm extension possibly to realize multi-alarm in the single file with several line
starts with ".ALARM", ".PAUSE", etc.

All record lines in the file with "any_name_but_not_time_format.alarm" extension starts with
".ALARM", ".TIME", ".PAUSE" or ".TIMER" records with time stamp, assigned in the the same line,
will define when to show the note placed after .ALARM (or other stamp) line, before next stamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version