ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dopus - adding buttons to toolbar help needed

<< < (4/5) > >>

edbro:
Remember that you can export your config from within Dir Opus. Any time I make a small change (quite often) I export the config. If you ever have to reinstall you simply import the config and you are back up and running in seconds.

Darwin:
Remember that you can export your config from within Dir Opus. Any time I make a small change (quite often) I export the config. If you ever have to reinstall you simply import the config and you are back up and running in seconds.
-edbro (October 12, 2008, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! This is a great feature - but has contributed to my abysmal recall of what I have done...

Darwin:
OK - this works in Dopus 8, which raises the question: why didn't it work for tsaint?

tsaint - did you copy the two xml codes separately (ie one for copy, one for move)? Just a thought...

tanis424:
Thanks Darwin! Here's what I'm trying to create a button  for:
-tsaint (October 11, 2008, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Opus 8 does not support xml. The copy/paste mechanism for buttons changed with the advent of Opus 9. You'll just need to create  a new button and insert the command into it manually, as others have suggested.

Alternatively, upgrade to Opus 9. :)

tsaint:
thanks for all the help.
1. Got it working including source/destinations (previous, my button would only start teracopy
2. The code I was trying to paste came straight from teracopy - it specifically said to copy the code, then use customize/paste into the toolbar. No mention of <button>.
3. I asked here rather than at the dopus forum because
 a. I'd visited their adding buttons thread - tried their advice as per their sticky and it didn't work
 b. I knew I'd get civilized, helpful posts here quickly from dopus users so to my mind this is the best place to ask. There'd be a lot fewer posts at dc if people only asked questions at the software makers site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version