ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dopus - adding buttons to toolbar help needed

(1/5) > >>

tsaint:
Using dopus v8, I can't for the life of me add buttons to the toolbar. I've followed the steps as shown in the dopus forums but nothing seems to happen.
ie .
1. Copy code
2. Settings/customize
3. Rightclick on toolbar/paste

The dopus forum post was from may 2007 so should apply to my dopus version. I'm posting here in preference to there cos the help's the best here plus I know there are dopus experts here.
So...any idea what (stupid thing) I'm doing wrong please?
Tony

Darwin:
I usually open up the customize menu (right click on the toolbar and select "customize") then select a command from the Commands tab. I usually find what I need there; if I do not I edit an existing button after the fact. Note that all you need to do is drag the button and drop it whereever you want it on the toolbar...

What function are you trying to add?

tsaint:
Thanks Darwin! Here's what I'm trying to create a button  for:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<usercommand backcol="none" textcol="none">
<label>TeraCopy_CopyFile</label>
<tip>Copy files with TeraCopy</tip>
<icon1>%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe,1</icon1>
<function type="normal">
<instruction>%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy\TeraCopy.exe Copy *{allfilepath|filem} {destpath}</instruction>
</function>
</usercommand>

Darwin:
Teracopy adds its own buttons into Dopus. Open up Teracopy via the start menu, click on "More" (this will expand the window) then click on "Menu" and select "Options". You should see "Directory Opus" in the lower part of the dialog that appears. This will add two buttons to your toolbar, one for copying and the other for moving files.

Does this acheive what you're after, or have I missed the point? Hope it helps!

tsaint:
In my version of teracopy, when I do as you say, it says "read how to add Copy and Move buttons to the Directory Opus" as a label next to the button you're referring to. Clicking it, opens a text file with the code I quoted, plus the customize/paste etc dopus instructions which I can't get to work.

Teracopy adds its own buttons into Dopus. Open up Teracopy via the start menu, click on "More" (this will expand the window) then click on "Menu" and select "Options". You should see "Directory Opus" in the lower part of the dialog that appears. This will add two buttons to your toolbar, one for copying and the other for moving files.

Does this acheive what you're after, or have I missed the point? Hope it helps!
-Darwin (October 11, 2008, 07:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version