topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:37 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 5084 times)

shadowidi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some suggestions
« on: October 11, 2008, 08:08 AM »
Hi.
First, sorry for my english  :)

I just discovered CircleDock recently and I love it.

I have just some suggestions to improve it (hope they weren't requested before).
Is it possible to :
- hide the dock when you click out of the circle.
- add the possibility to not show the dock when it is launch. I launch it at Windows's start and it's not necessary to show it.
- add the possibility to reorganize icons's order with a drag'n'drop in the circle. OK, now it works... Don't know why I fail at this before
- add the possiblity to make a shortcut with shift, control or/and alt AND a mouse button (for example, Shift + Right Click) to show the dock.
- add differents actions for the central button (launch a program for example).
- hide the icon in the systay

Edit : I just noticed sometime the dock doesn't get the focus when it is shown, so we can't use the wheel to turn it.

Thanks you very much.
Shad
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:17 AM by shadowidi »

VideoInPicture

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:10 PM »
- hide the dock when you click out of the circle.
This should be doable but it may be a little difficult for me to do it right now with the state of the code.

- add the possibility to not show the dock when it is launch. I launch it at Windows's start and it's not necessary to show it.
This is doable. I'll add in an option for it.

- add differents actions for the central button (launch a program for example).
This is doable and I will incoporate it for the next major release.

This is a possibility. I just have to make it so that either the settings panel or the dock itself shows up if you try starting the program again. I was just afraid that some people might hide their dock and not know how to call it back up.

- add the possiblity to make a shortcut with shift, control or/and alt AND a mouse button (for example, Shift + Right Click) to show the dock.
Edit : I just noticed sometime the dock doesn't get the focus when it is shown, so we can't use the wheel to turn it.
I was just doing some development on Circle Dock yesterday and for Video In Picture and I will be adding in more mouse combinations to toggle Circle Dock with in the next major release. I have fixed the X1/X2 mouse button distinction, added in the ability to use left-right mouse click combo to toggle the dock, and I will added in the shift+click, ctrl+click options. As a result of the changes I've made to the toggling code, I also believed I have solved the issue of the dock not getting focus sometimes when you use the mouse buttons to toggle it. Essentially, the Orbit.Hook.dll code that was responsible for calling the dock up when you used a mouse button was using PostMessage(...) instead of SendMessage(...). The former command doesn't wait for the dock to execute it's code while the latter does.
Author of Circle Dock: http://circledock.wikidot.com
Author of Video In Picture: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com
Author of Webcam Signature: http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com
Author of Easy Unicode Paster: http://easyunicodepaster.wikidot.com

tosbsas

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:09 AM »
whowwwww - you're making a gem here.

Ruben

shadowidi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:05 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

This is a possibility. I just have to make it so that either the settings panel or the dock itself shows up if you try starting the program again. I was just afraid that some people might hide their dock and not know how to call it back up.
-VideoInPicture (October 11, 2008, 06:10 PM)

Make "hide systray icon" as an option, deactivate by default. So only experienced people can hide the icon.

Another little request, could you add the support of the .ico files as well as .png files for the icons of the dock ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 10:46 AM by shadowidi »