Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 10:04:38 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: micro macro  (Read 10624 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 10, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »

I need to record and play a macro, but all the programs I have found (many!) can do way too much for my need, and will confuse me more, than help me. I only need this one 'Windows Media Player 11' "next >"-button to be clicked every twentieth second for maybe half a day. That's all. Like a micro-"ClickOff"

Any ideas to make my little idea grow a lot more useful?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:50:38 PM by Curt » Logged
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »

Sounds like it might be a coding snack challenge for skrommel...

Or if you want to try this yourself, have you looked at AceMacro?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:24:56 PM by Darwin » Logged

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »

Darwin: there isn't much information about acemacro on the page you linked, and apparently the owner site of acemacro is down Sad

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »

Weird - it seems to be working here. I should clarify that I haven't tired AceMacro...

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »

Hey, it's working now here also! Strange smiley

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »

I did try AceMacro before I posted, and I really don't like it - I don't think the author ever tried to finish it. My major problem with it is that I can't make it understand that the mouse not is to be be moved from somewhere (a) to somewhere else (b), but should stay at a. Of course the problem could be me and not the program, but the result is the same, isn't it. Anyway, I also tried MacroExpress, but it is far too complicated for me. I will have to study at uni before I can figure out how to handle such an expert. And in general all experts are too complicated for me, and the uni won't have me!

I need a VERY simple 'auto-clicker'.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:56:18 PM by Curt » Logged
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »

Click this WMP button every 20'th second:

That's it.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 05:56:46 PM »

Curt: see if this will do it for you:

[copy or print]
loop
{
sleep,20000
send,{media_next}
}

I didn't use the "click button" method, because that would require the window to be open, and to be the foreground window. So, I just made it send the "media next" keypress instead. It should acomplish pretty much the same.

* pressnext.exe (198.75 KB - downloaded 200 times.)

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »

- so I guess I will have to close down AIMP2 when I am using pressnext for WMP??
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »

Oh.. I hadn't thought you might have another player open.

I could make it so that it clicks the button every 20 seconds, but then you couldn't use the mouse..

Maybe someone more knowledgeable should step in smiley (skrommel? cheesy)

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »

- so I guess I will have to close down AIMP2 when I am using pressnext for WMP??
- yes, that is the price. A terrible high cost!  ohmy   tongue

The situation is that I have downloaded a couple of thousand DRM protected music files that each need to be activated online, in order to be played without any hassle. It is unbearable to have to use the mouse several times for each and every track, so I wanted to automate the procedure, and also to make it happen in a hurry - hence the twenty seconds. The reason I am using was trying to use AIMP2 at the same time is of course that it is NOT nice to listen to ten-seconds clips all the time...., and with two players at the same time I was hoping just to turn down the sound for WMP, and listen to AIMP2. But I guess I will survive a little silence!

Thanks a lot, jgpaiva, it's working exactly as I asked for.  Thmbsup
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:37:44 PM by Curt » Logged
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

smiley If you have programmed your media button for something else...

Skrommel

[copy or print]
;NextWmp.ahk
;Skrommel @ 2008

Loop
{
  PostMessage,0x111,18811,0,,ahk_class WMPlayerApp
  Sleep,20000
}

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 04:35:48 AM »

Grin
I knew skrommel would come around with a great solution  Thmbsup

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »

Thanks a lot, skrommel - again again!  thumbs up
bft_chromeguy
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »

If you decide you need more power, try GhostMouse. It can record mouse movement & clicks, and play them back.

http://www.bugfreetech.com - come visit my site
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

Curt: see if this will do it for you:

@jgpaiva
I have created myself yet another problem. I was so pleased with the selection of music files I was offered, that my drm protected collection now is 12.000+ files - which ALL need to be activated one by one!!!

Can you make the file wait 10 seconds, instead of 20, please?
12.000 x 10 seconds = 33.3  hours  less!  Wink
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »

@curt: don't you prefer skrommel's version? All you need to do is change the 20000 to 10000 smiley (it's in milliseconds, so, 10*1000)

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 04:56:21 AM »

- skrommel's version doesn't work  ohmy
... when WMP is minimized to the special task bar version:

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 05:01:35 AM »

Oh, ok smiley
But if my version works, you only have to change the 20000 to 10000 and you should be ok!

rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 04:54:24 AM »

Probably too late to the party, but even the last free version of PTFB appears to do this.  At least, it's in the docs of v.1.06.3.1.  I haven't tried it as I'm on PTFT Pro (shareware) now.  Might also be worth trying WinMacro, freeware and very small, but I haven't tried that either.  You have to open WinMacro's Options screen, where it gives you the ability to set a number of repetions.  The box will hold nine digits, which should be plenty...  WinMacro is mentioned on The Portable Freeware Collection.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:07:58 AM by rjbull » Logged
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 08:09:22 AM »

I have found a much easier way! The trick is to use WinAmp, somehow it will activate the tracks without asking me anything!  thumbs up  But still I need to click "Next" every seven, eight or ten seconds, or so. Can anyone tell me how to chnange skrommel's version from Win MediaPlayer into WinAmp 5.5 Pro, please?

Oh, ok smiley
But if my version works, you only have to change the 20000 to 10000 and you should be ok!
ehmm... you probably forgot you compiled it to be an exe file, and not an ahk?   ;-)
- but your version works with every media player.  thumbs up
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:13:48 AM by Curt » Logged
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 08:50:23 AM »

Curt: as you mentioned skrommel's version didn't work with media player minimized, I thought you were able to use it in ahk form.

I can't modify skrommel's version to use winamp, but if you change the shortcut for "next" in winamp to ctrl+alt+shift+n (options -> preferences -> global hotkeys: select "enable", and select action as "playback : next in playlist", then select the "hotkey" box and press ctrl+alt+shift+n, and then press "add"), the following will work:

[copy or print]
loop
{
sleep,10000
send,^!+n
}
(compiled version attached to this post)

PS: sorry for not finding a simpler solution for this  embarassed

* pressNext-Winamp.exe (198.69 KB - downloaded 185 times.)

scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 08:54:12 AM »

I made a Winamp-specific thingy, doesn't need to change shortcuts or anything.

Binary and VB6 source: * WinampPresser.rar (24.11 KB - downloaded 180 times.)

NEW v1.1
* added pause button, and fixed a little scrollbar button

Binary and VB6 source: * WinampPresserv1.1.rar (23.95 KB - downloaded 138 times.)

Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 11:26:19 AM by scancode » Logged

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 08:55:40 AM »

Cool, scancode! I knew there should be a better solution for this smiley
Now that's the spirit smiley

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »

I made a Winamp-specific thingy, doesn't need to change shortcuts or anything.

- wow, Matias, what a fine solution!  thumbs up

Thanks!!   smiley

Edited:
will it take much to give it a pause / disable -button, please?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:59:00 AM by Curt » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.05 ]