ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ClipCache Plus 3.xx Preview...Don't Get Too Excited

(1/2) > >>

Nighted:
Hey guys, I recently got my hands on a preview of the next release of ClipCache. To those who know and love it, you know why...well, it's not quite what I'd expected. It's no where near what you'd think it would be after all these years of waiting for a 3.xx build. Anyway, if you want to try it, it's right here.

I've posted the link to save you the bother of signing up at the forum just to get to it.

You will need this key to install it: kjd$9h34fh*kjf2923

I feel like I've lost an old friend. I'm going to miss this program.  :(

rjbull:
a preview of the next release of ClipCache.
-Nighted (November 17, 2005, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I registered out of sheer gratitude, but I've never bothered to install the shareware version as the old free one (clipc141.zip) does all I want...

I feel like I've lost an old friend. I'm going to miss this program.  :(

--- End quote ---

Do you feel an absolute need to change to something with more features?  Someone on Fidonet used to have a sign-off line: "in a pinch, a stone ax still works."

Nighted:
I was hoping for some better cleanup options, like removing pipes on the fly. Capture text > remove pipe > next paste, no pipe. You think it can do this? Nope! Actually, I don't think any of the ones I've tried can do this, not even ClipMate. I don't even think spell check was added.

Plus it's not that I'm looking for more features, it's missing the ones I like: the expandable menus from the tray and hot key popup for example...the one big reason I never went to ClipMate, even with ClipCache chronic loss of sync with the clipboard in XP and the auto repair clipboard chain doesn't work and never was fixed.

And another gripe, the tool bar icons look even older and outdated than the current version.

There is a real lack of decent clip board programs on the market, ones that integrate with a windows style environment and and cluttered eye sores that is.

Mouser's is looking nice but has a long way to go before I can use it.

Darwin:

Plus it's not that I'm looking for more features, it's missing the ones I like: the expandable menus from the tray and hot key popup for example...the one big reason I never went to ClipMate

-Nighted (November 17, 2005, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, ClipMate does this in both version 6 and 7 (can't remember back to 5...).

Nighted:
Let say you have some groups in the programs main dialog such as; Clips, Saved, Images, or whatever. Now when you click on the try icon or call the menu to pop up at your cursor there should be:
  Clips >
  Saved >
  Images > Image1.jpg
                  Image2.jpg
                  Image3.jpg

Understand? Now when you click these, Images for example,  you get a submenu containing the contents of those groups. I didn't notice this feature in ClipMate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version