ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

CCleaner / Crap Cleaner - easily remove Windows ballast

<< < (2/2)

m_s:
It's worth noting that you ought to run the Issues module a few times on CCleaner - on the first pass it'll throw up a whole lot of issues, on the second far fewer, on the third maybe one or two, and then it shouldn't find anything at all.

rrtwister:
brotherS,
thanks for the great find. Works beautifully. Now added to my utility cd for when I have to help out my friends. Things like this make my life so much easier.

brotherS:
brotherS,
thanks for the great find. Works beautifully.
-rrtwister (November 17, 2005, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
You are welcome, wait for more great finds to follow :)

Now added to my utility cd for when I have to help out my friends. Things like this make my life so much easier.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I was thinking about getting a cheap USB stick to directly run Miranda from it and also a few different other helpful programs.

Hirudin:
I've been using CCleaner for about a week now, I must say I like it a lot. One of the features that brotherS mentioned, the "Cookies to keep" is awesome! I've tried several of the "cookie manager" extensions for firefox, none of them worked 100% of the time for some reason (or I'd have to live without them after a firefox update or something). With CCleaner I've sorted out the 6 cookies I actually want to keep and am content in knowing that I can easily clear the rest with 2 clicks of the mouse.

Another feature I really like (which hasn't been mentioned yet) is that it adds commands to the Recycle Bin context (right click) menu. This makes the program very easily accessible without being super annoying. Now to compulsively empty my recycle bin 25 times a day I choose "Run CCleaner" instead of "Empty Recycle Bin."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version