ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Asus ships Eee Box PCs with malware

<< < (3/3)

Carol Haynes:
If you look at http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=164 you can get the specs of the different models from the ASUS website. There is no mention of a modem and looking at the pictures there doesn't seem to be a built in socket for one.

It took me ages to find a manual - I have attached one here for the WinXP version (unzip and the PFD is inside)

*** Edit failed to attach because it is too big *** sorry

They don't have a modem but they do have USB ports so you could easily add a USB modem.

tomos:
thanks a lot Carol

oups - I meant the Ass EEE PC BOX - the "desktop" computer. I should stated that clearer (but it is in thread title!)

I had also meant to post the page where I had looked at specifications - which was what I was referring to with "they never..."
They never do say what a product doesnt have - I can understand it but I hate that approach to business

40hz:
Well, at least Asus recognized it and owned up to the mistake.
-zridling (October 10, 2008, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that is saying something these days.

I don't expect perfection from a company. But I am always impressed (and will continue to do business with) a company that admits an error and then makes good on it.

Carol Haynes:
thanks a lot Carol

oups - I meant the Ass EEE PC BOX - the "desktop" computer. I should stated that clearer (but it is in thread title!)

I had also meant to post the page where I had looked at specifications - which was what I was referring to with "they never..."
They never do say what a product doesnt have - I can understand it but I hate that approach to business
-tomos (March 09, 2009, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry my senility quotient was high yesterday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version