ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

fastest method/language to create my own software

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

which is the fastest method/language to create my own software?

thanks

Veign:
There are many factors that could sway you in one direction or another.  What type of software, developing for what OS, what platform (local or web based), how comfortable are you at code and logic, what do you consider fast (what is your time frame)...

f0dder:
Fastest? Money.

CWuestefeld:
There are many factors that could sway you in one direction or another.  What type of software, developing for what OS, what platform (local or web based), how comfortable are you at code and logic, what do you consider fast (what is your time frame)...
-Veign (October 09, 2008, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

... whether this is a one-off to solve a specific question you've got, or is intended to be distributed; what your level of experience is; how many people will be working on the team; availability of libraries to help with specific domain problems or UI needs...

I'm going to assume that you're new to this. If so, that should be a primary consideration. Many people think that some of the typical web-based platforms like PHP and perl will rot your brain, teaching you bad habits that will make it difficult to improve your skills later.

Depending on other factors, you might consider C#, python, or java. All of these are serious tools that can build applications of more sophistication than a single programmer could ever handle. They are all coherent languages, meaning that they approach things in a logical way, having been designed quite rationally and deliberately (as opposed to evolving any which-way, as PHP or VB did). And they all have large amounts of support available, in book, online resources, and users that could help out.

4wd:
which is the fastest method/language to create my own software?-kalos (October 09, 2008, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe this could best be summed up with:

(YLtL * FL)/(LC * UoP) =  :wallbash:

Where:
YLtL = Years Left to Live  [in years]
FL    = Frustration Level  [in number of keyboards smashed/year]
LC    = Language Complexity  [in the number of minutes you spend studying one line of code and still not see the bug]
UoP  = Urgency of Project  [in months, where UoP = n - (n^2)]

The object of the equation is to reach unity, (a oneness), with the computer.  To become the Zen of programming.

--- End quote ---

As soon as the right side equals  :-* you have achieved all that you seek.

This is possible......just ask mouser  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version