ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fred Langa's back!

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
couldnt they have told a white lie-tomos (October 09, 2008, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

To be fair to WS, he did write about it himself in one of his blogs (goodness only knows why).
Perhaps he thinks of his readers as friends, some certainly seem to think that way about him.

-cranioscopical (October 09, 2008, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... I thought it a bit gratuitous as well, particularly considering his return was being touted (in the preceding paragraph) as signalling his re-committment to helping his loyal readers! Funny, too, Brian Livingston's take on the four stops Langa made during his motorcycle trip:

Fred's devotion to his readers is legendary. Even when he went on his dream summer hiatus in 2007, riding his motorcycle in a big loop around the U.S. and Canada, he spent time helping others. He chose four Windows Secrets readers around the continent to receive a full day of his personal help, free of charge. (His eight-part series documenting these Langa Housecalls is on our site.)
--- End quote ---

and Fred Langa's explanation:

My suddenly-changing marriage situation affected my finances: With the prospects of a divorce looming, my seemingly-secure retirement suddenly felt decidedly shaky. To help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses of the trip, I worked out a deal with the guy who'd bought my business: I'd make four business stops along the way (Colorado, Seattle, Toronto, and New Hampshire) to perform some work for him.
--- End quote ---

Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible for him (and had no idea this was going on until I read the newsletter this morning), but I'm not sure that WS should be airing his dirty laundry (even if he has done so himself, elsewhere) and giving conflicting versions of events, to boot! Had WS not linked to the blog entry, I never would have known.

cranioscopical:
Yes... I thought it a bit gratuitous as well, particularly considering his return was being touted (in the preceding paragraph) as signalling his re-committment to helping his loyal readers! Funny, too, Brian Livingston's take on the four stops Langa made during his motorcycle trip:-Darwin
--- End quote ---

Whether from Langa or WS, it came under my general heading of "Too Much Information".  :)

The entire WS approach now seems to be we'll do you a favour... for a buck or three. At least they're up front about it.

I'm not quite sure if I abhor or admire the relentless self-promotion in which WS indulges.
For myself, I'm grateful that I don't need to resort to such an approach in order to earn a dollar here and there.

Darwin:
Whether from Langa or WS, it came under my general heading of "Too Much Information".  :)
-cranioscopical (October 09, 2008, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly!

zridling:
Also, if he was really retired, he may have just seen 60% of his retirement wealth vanish in the market during the last month. I feel for the guy, because you know he'd rather stay retired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version