ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fred Langa's back!

(1/2) > >>

Darwin:
Just got my Windows Secrets newsletter for October 9th, and the lead story is that Fred Langa is out of retirement and back to writing for the newsletter  :Thmbsup:

Fred Langa has come out of retirement Fred edited the LangaList Newsletter for nine years and then wrote for Windows Secrets from November 2006 to May 2008 before he retired. Now he's returned! Fred's new LangaList Plus column will appear weekly, only in our paid content.

--- End quote ---

It's a bit sad, actually, as he's coming out of retirement because he is getting divorced after 35 years of marriage and needs to money  :o I guess that solo four month trip across Canada and the US should have been a bit of a warning!

EDIT: added some detail

Carol Haynes:
Yes I saw that too. Is it me or has the new newsletter got a bit more meat in it this time?

40hz:
It's a bit sad, actually, as he's coming out of retirement because he is getting divorced after 35 years of marriage and needs to money  :o I guess that solo four month trip across Canada and the US should have been a bit of a warning!
-Darwin (October 09, 2008, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Going through a "change of wife" is often painful - and invariably expensive.

(I think Confucius said that!  ;D)

tomos:
I found it a bit gratuitious to learn all about the man's private life ...
couldnt they have told a white lie and said he couldnt stop himself writing about computers ;)

cranioscopical:
couldnt they have told a white lie-tomos (October 09, 2008, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

To be fair to WS, he did write about it himself in one of his blogs (goodness only knows why).
Perhaps he thinks of his readers as friends, some certainly seem to think that way about him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version