Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 18, 2014, 03:32:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR: New feature: User Variables tab  (Read 4530 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

I've implemented a new feature that makes it possible for users to define UserVariables which aliases and plugins can read (and write).

For those who want to try it before the next official release:
http://www.donationcoder..../FindAndRunRobotSetup.exe
(if you have no use for the functionality of user variables you might as well wait for next official release)

You can find a description of what User Variables are and how to use them in the online help section here: http://www.donationcoder....iables___advanced_use.htm
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:24 PM »

mouser, thanks for implementing this. Thmbsup i'll be updating the Twitter alias very soon with this feature.

s.newave
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »

Sounds interesting, i can see using this for global user defined variables like name, email address, etc..

Any other features we can look forward to in the upcoming release like gridmode or hotkey variables Grin
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »

Is it supposed to be possible to make use of Virtual Folder Paths / Env Paths as part of user variable values?

I tried doing something like:

[Paths]
quicklaunch=%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

But when I try to use it in an alias [1], I don't seem to have much luck. 

On a related note, is there a way to get more details (e.g. via a log file or something) about what is occurring (or say, what an alias expanded to) as a result of attempting to launch an alias?  I'm finding that it feels like I'm groping in the dark when trying to get particular aliases to work.  Perhaps I'm missing something...

[1] Referencing the user variable's value via: %uservar.Paths.quicklaunch%
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »

ah i finally understand what you were asking about wrt referencing env paths.. it doesnt work currently i guess, but i will fix now.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »

Woohoo  Thmbsup  Looking forward to it!
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »

I finally got around to updating the MiniCap alias with latest version of MiniCap and some suggested changes. I also would like to take advantage of this variable stuff, but there's one thing that I suppose isn't possible yet but would be nice: A dialog to set variables.

My default variable section looks like this:
[copy or print]
<DefaultUserVars>
[MiniCapAlias]\n
// MiniCap alias folder settings -- change to your values\n
savedir=YOUR_SCREENSHOT_DIRECTORY\n
</DefaultUserVars>
What would be great would be if it was possible to have something like variablename=valuedialog on first use of alias which would pop up a dialog for user to set a value which will be saved to the user variables. Not terribly important, but a nice little improvement in the ease-of-use departement Wink
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

actually czb solved this request very elegantly.. we just have to wait for instructions and examples of how to use his html settings variables system.
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 09:53:47 AM »

oh, cool! smiley
czb
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »

TucknDar:
download my latest fsubscript here:
http://czb.dcmembers.com/...FSubScript/FSubScript.zip
and take a look here:
http://czb.dcmembers.com/...RR#open:settings:Settings
If it did not work or you had any suggestion you are welcome to ask/post Wink

My open-source online piano game: http://musicope.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register