topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Results of IFComp 2008, Competition for short text adventures -- free for all  (Read 4919 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
You can now easily download and play all of the entrants of this contest for original interactive fiction (text adventure) games.

For the last fourteen years, the readers of the Usenet newsgroup rec.arts.int-fiction have held a yearly interactive fiction competition. For fans of the old Infocom games as well as for newcomers to the genre, the competition is a chance to enjoy some of the best short adventure games available anywhere.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
For any of you who have never tried any of these games, I highly recommend you try a few.  They are challenging, entertaining, and very satisfying when completed.  IMHO, IF is an art form.  I've always been attracted to it; in fact, I plan on doing an entire tutorial series on the creation of a simple IF authoring/playing tool in C# (probably one or two tutorial series in the future.