ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to enter code???? :)

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
I think the far end of the keyboard we use at work is raised almost... 5cm, or so. But it's also arched up towards the middle, as well as being split. Trust me, It's Good For YouTM. Not the same keyboard as the one in 40Hz's post, but more or less same principle (although ours are more flexible).

You do need proper chair and table adjustments and sitting position before it's comfortable to use, though. But you need that anyway, unless you want to trash your body sitting 8+ hours in front of a computer every day. oh, and you need proper arm rest. If you don't have your entire lower arm supported on your desk, then that's not exactly good ergonomics either. You might not feel the effects now, but wouldn't it suck suffering from carpal tunnel and/or discus prolapse (dunno if that's the right English term) when you're 30?

4wd:
If you don't have your entire lower arm supported on your desk, then that's not exactly good ergonomics either.-f0dder (October 07, 2008, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've always wondered why people think it's a good idea to have a keyboard 75mm from the edge of the desk and use it with their wrists sawing along the edge....the only way it could be more uncomfortable is to have a razor blade set into the edge.

Yet, this seems to be the standard position for almost everyone I've seen who uses one.

BTW, I'll take my G15 over an ergonomic keyboard anyday.

I'm trying to register at a forum, but there's this message. How do I make the letters go in a curve?-tsaint (October 07, 2008, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Use a screen like this:

That way you have the option of straightening them out or entering them curved.

wreckedcarzz:
I think the far end of the keyboard we use at work is raised almost... 5cm, or so. But it's also arched up towards the middle, as well as being split. Trust me, It's Good For YouTM. Not the same keyboard as the one in 40Hz's post, but more or less same principle (although ours are more flexible).

You do need proper chair and table adjustments and sitting position before it's comfortable to use, though. But you need that anyway, unless you want to trash your body sitting 8+ hours in front of a computer every day. oh, and you need proper arm rest. If you don't have your entire lower arm supported on your desk, then that's not exactly good ergonomics either. You might not feel the effects now, but wouldn't it suck suffering from carpal tunnel and/or discus prolapse (dunno if that's the right English term) when you're 30?
-f0dder (October 07, 2008, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

It would, but by that time computer's most likely won't use mice or keyboard input anymore. :-\

And LOL @ the rippled page

I have my keyboard's wrist rest thing (that plastic thingamabob), but it doesn't do anything for my wrists - I use it as a finger rest. My wrists/end of arms lay on my computer cabinet's keyboard tray support... beam... thing. Its a big piece of wood painted black and glued to the edge of the kb tray, with the top edges rounded. And this cost like 2 grand. Jeez.

(G11/G15 FTW!)

40hz:
I have it on excellent authority that you can also do it with voice recognition software, provided you say the letters and numbers in Pig Latin.  ;)

tsaint:
thanks for all the helpful replies. In the end I just used coloured sharpies (textas in other parts of the world) and wrote over the letters on the screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version