ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Vista Immersion Experiment

<< < (3/7) > >>

f0dder:
Did anyone try if ClickOff can handle the UAC notifications?  :tellme:
-Curt (October 11, 2008, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
That would totally defeat the point of UAC, and if it was possible, would be regarded as a security vulnerability and fixed. UAC isn't all that bad, really, and it's a great thing security-wise.

IMHO NortonUAC is a bad idea, but I already wrote about it in the other thread.

Darwin:
IMHO NortonUAC is a bad idea, but I already wrote about it in the other thread.
-f0dder (October 11, 2008, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed - I was hoping Curt would read the thread!

Stoic Joker:
Why can't I turn off the bar that has "Organize", "Views" (etc), and the big bar in the bottom that has selection details?
-f0dder (October 07, 2008, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Organize Menu->Layout->Deselect anything you don't want.   With the new address bar's handy ability to move laterally in the file system I never use the tree view any more.

f0dder:
Why can't I turn off the bar that has "Organize", "Views" (etc), and the big bar in the bottom that has selection details?
-f0dder (October 07, 2008, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Organize Menu->Layout->Deselect anything you don't want.   With the new address bar's handy ability to move laterally in the file system I never use the tree view any more.
-Stoic Joker (October 11, 2008, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
That won't let me turn off the organize/views/etc. menu itself, though :) - the "big bar in the bottom" turned out to go away when I selected "use windows classic folders". Better than nothing.

Curt:
I was hoping Curt would read the thread!-Darwin (October 11, 2008, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

- thanks, Mike, I will take the time and read some more of the Norton thread.
I was just reminded that I have a terrible memory, because I realized that I already have downloaded a copy of 'TweakUAC' and saved it to my external drive; waiting for Vista...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version