ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Vista Immersion Experiment

<< < (6/7) > >>

justice:
Any of these look familiar?
http://www.drivers-software-download.org/tag/acpi-acpihidmapper

f0dder:
Any of these look familiar?
http://www.drivers-software-download.org/tag/acpi-acpihidmapper-justice (October 27, 2008, 06:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, no :/

Hm, there's a 26meg "ZeptoMobileUtilities" thing, guess I ought to take a look at that - from the description it sounds like it's mostly useless (to me) OSD stuff etc. and not drivers, though. And apart from that weird ACPI device, everything else seems to be in order.

Carol Haynes:
Have you installed specific motherboard drivers or are you relying on the Vista built in drivers? If you have only installed Vista setup drivers for the the mobo try going to the manufacturers website and downloading the latest motherboard drivers.

f0dder:
Have you installed specific motherboard drivers or are you relying on the Vista built in drivers? If you have only installed Vista setup drivers for the the mobo try going to the manufacturers website and downloading the latest motherboard drivers.
-Carol Haynes (October 27, 2008, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Specific chipset-drivers from intel, and their graphics drivers and wifi drivers as well. Can't remember if the realtek gigabit LAN was Vista built-in or if I had to install specific drivers. Iirc audio is vista built-in.

Turned out that the ZeptoMobileUtilities thing did have the ACPI driver, doh! I'm curious to see if this will fix the usb-device freeze thing, but somehow I doubt it (although there could have be some power management issue after hibernate because of missing driver, dunno).

Haven't installed the whole package though, there's no more drivers in Device Manager that are missing, and while there are other drivers in the pack, they seem to be related to battery status indicator, some specific multimedia keys (that already seem to work just fine), et cetera.

Carol Haynes:
At least you found it - but it is a bit strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version