ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (16/22) > >>

Deozaan:
I had decided to ignore this thread because the idea behind it doesn't really go along with my personal beliefs. I also do not like how some people are trying to answer the questions. I think that the nature of the questions this topic is really about are questions that cannot be adequately explained by other people. Otherwise, why save them for your deathbed before asking?

My intent is not to make this into a religious thread, but I feel to answer the question requires a little background information about one's beliefs of what happens after death. After all, what's the point of having a questioned answered just prior to death if you believe death is the end? Or if you believe you'll be reincarnated with no memory of your previous lives? So I think the question is largely religious in nature. Without trying to impose my beliefs on others, here is a tiny, non-denominational, summary of my beliefs that will help you understand my answer better:

I believe that some questions will be answered in this life, but all questions will be answered in the next life. So, in my opinion, there's not really any point in asking "the greatest and most important question" to get an answer only seconds before dying, because I believe I'll have it answered relatively soon after dying.

Also, to reiterate: The question(s) I feel this thread is talking about are of such an importance that I don't think anybody would be qualified in answering them except God.

I also agree with App in regard to the following statements:

As I look over the list of everyone's questions, I am left wondering if I am the only one here whose biggest unanswered questions are of a more personal nature?

For whatever reason, the questions others want the answers to, don't seem to matter that much to me.

[. . .]

(I can not clarify what I mean by that on a public forum. It would be way too personal)
-app103 (October 09, 2008, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is to say: The question posed in this thread is very serious and to me it seems like the intent was to get some profound insight into the most important, burning questions people are really wondering about. After all, isn't the deathbed the place we typically see past all the meaningless day-to-day fluff and consider what's truly important? I understand the humor in this thread, and it's all well and good, but it seems out of place considering the sober nature of the question.

So, on to my response. I am a person who believes that everything happens for a good reason. Throughout my life I have been able to reflect on my experiences and see that even if they were difficult and challenging, they served a purpose in teaching me and helping me become a better person. But I have had a deeply personal and complicated experience that I cannot explain because its significance would be lost and not understood by others. It happened several years ago and I still cannot figure out why it happened or what purpose it served.

Keeping in mind my personal opinion that all questions will eventually be (satisfactorily) answered and explained, I suppose the question I am most looking forward to having answered is: "What was I supposed to learn from that experience?"

Specifically, how was that experience supposed to help me become a better person? In what ways would it cause me to change and grow personally? What purpose did it serve to benefit me or to allow me to benefit others?

mahesh2k:
What is the most mysterious question of our universe ?
-mahesh2k (October 09, 2008, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why did SHE do that?

-Davidtheo (October 09, 2008, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't it obvious? It's only a mystery if you have testosterone (it clouds the judgement!)
-Carol Haynes (October 09, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

ROFL...  :D Good One Carol  :Thmbsup:

mahesh2k:
I suppose the question I am most looking forward to having answered is: "What was I supposed to learn from that experience?"
Specifically, how was that experience supposed to help me become a better person? In what ways would it cause me to change and grow personally? What purpose did it serve to benefit me or to allow me to benefit others?

--- End quote ---

I would love to answer your questions deo :),but after reading whole reply I think topic is getting serious here :-\  ( *** undecided to reply or not ***  :(  ) 

Veign:
I had decided to ignore this thread because the idea behind it doesn't really go along with my personal beliefs. I also do not like how some people are trying to answer the questions. I think that the nature of the questions this topic is really about are questions that cannot be adequately explained by other people. Otherwise, why save them for your deathbed before asking?
-Deozaan (October 10, 2008, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Way over thinking my point of this thread.  I only posted this because there are questions that most likely won't be answered in a person's lifetime - just not enough time to figure it out.  Therefore what would you like answered before you die simply means what questions would you like answered that probably won't be answered before you die.

I'm actually quite shocked at how some members turn an innocent questions into a question about god.

(maybe a moderator should lock this topic as its not anything like what I thought as has strayed into non-DC discussions - I just wanted simple, non-joking, questions which gives insight into what members are most curious about.  Deathbed had no profound meaning except to give each person a timeframe at which existing questions may or may not be answered.)...

Darwin:
I'm actually quite shocked at how some members turn an innocent questions into a question about god.-Veign (October 10, 2008, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

No offense, Chris, but I think you're a bit naive - the nature of the question makes the topic having taken a religious turn inevitable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version