ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (4/22) > >>

fenixproductions:
OK, guys. I've decided to grant you answers so no one needs to die for ;)

1. How does our universe work?
Very good, thank you.

2. Who made God and why did they make such a terrible job of it?
People and they had very tight deadline.

3. Is 42 really the meaning of life?
No. 69.

4. Where do I sign up for the next life?
Nowhere. You've got only one. Use it well.

5. Was it good?
Yes.

6. Why we can't change our past or time?
World's balance.

7. How do I return if I don't like it? / Why was I not a better person when I had the chance?
You can't. / No one is perfect, neither You.

8. What will happen to them?
Your heritage will live and it's heritage and so on...

9. WHY?
Because  :P

10. What caused the 'singularity' event that preceded the Big Bang.
Syntax error in "Preceded": there is no before in timeline.

11. can AI eventually demonstrate sentience/consciousness. / can humans (as a species) move beyond superstitions
Yes, but you will not see that.

12. How does the brain work?
Pick a person and I will tell you.

Veign:
What caused the 'singularity' event that preceded the Big Bang.
-40hz (October 07, 2008, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's something I wonder too.  Also, if the universe is expanding with a force that could overtake gravity what state does the universe go back to after the big rip...

Veign:
How does the brain work?
-mouser (October 07, 2008, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Follow up to that would be can a computer ever be built that could simulate a human brain...

fenixproductions:
2Veign
AFAIK it is unknown will this force overtake gravity. Scientists think about three possible scenarios depending of this variables' values. Universe will get colder and colder until any kind of live will extinct or someday it will start to shrink and will end with another Big Bang. Or extending will just stops and everything will be balanced.

The answer for this question is not clear because there are too many gaps in science. The biggest unknown is the dark matter (IIRC) and it's properties. I advise you to read A Brief History of Time. Maybe that book will answer some of your questions.

Veign:
2Veign
AFAIK it is unknown will this force overtake gravity. Scientists think about three possible scenarios depending of this variables' values. Universe will get colder and colder until any kind of live will extinct or someday it will start to shrink and will end with another Big Bang. Or extending will just stops and everything will be balanced.

The answer for this question is not clear because there are too many gaps in science. The biggest unknown is the dark matter (IIRC) and it's properties. I advise you to readA Brief History of Time. Maybe that book will answer some of your questions.
-fenixproductions (October 07, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dark Matter or Dark Energy are just guesses at this point.  Some questions can only be asked based on the information which is known.  Space is such a puzzle and actually it bothers me a little that I will never have the answers in my life time - not sure why this is something I very much want the answers to.

The book seems kinda of old and information gained in the last 10 years alone has advanced the understanding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version