ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (11/22) > >>

Curt:
If you had the choice of having any question answered before you died what would it be?
--- End quote ---
"Can I speak to a supervisor?"-mouser (October 08, 2008, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
-Edvard (October 08, 2008, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz:
Actually, Ive always wanted to ask if there's any truth to the rumor that I'm the illegitimate son of Buffalo Bill...

Carol Haynes:
What's the secret for eternal life?
-brewmonkey (October 08, 2008, 12:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Joh 17:3  And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (English Standard Version of the Bible)

I know I may risk moderatorial wrath - but the question posed is inevitably, inexorably a religious question. Ponderings upon the nature of reality, whether there is a beginning or an end, the existence or otherwise of a Supreme Being, the limits and comprehensiveness of the scientific method to ascertain truth (and the nature of truth), whether there is life after death etc. are all religious questions. The answers given are all religious answers whether couched in metaphorical or scientific language.

Where there are differences among us I trust they can be expressed politely.

David
-David1904 (October 08, 2008, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually the answer doesn't have to include any theology at all.

All elements in the universe were made in supernova and stars - so in a sense every particle of our being has existed for billions of years and will exist for billions more - whether we are around to see it or not. So as part of the univers we are eternal - and who is to say that some of your elements won't be recycled by the worms and birds into another life form?

In a sense Hinduism and reincarnation probably come closest to the truth if you must have a religion.

It is a sobering thought that every molecule of water on the planet has passed through the biological system of a dinosaur - puts you off your tea.

Maybe the last question should be "Why are humans so arrogant as to think they have any greater importance in the universe than anything else?"

We no more have eternal life in a literal sense than calculators going to silicon heaven.

Believe in eternal life and an eternity of singing happy-clappy songs in the clouds - but belief does not make something true.

Carol Haynes:
Actually, Ive always wanted to ask if there's any truth to the rumor that I'm the illegitimate son of Buffalo Bill...
-40hz (October 08, 2008, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL - how old are you? If this is true you must be over 90 'cos he died in 1917 !

40hz:
How to get a girlfriend in next life? :-[ 

How we come to know that soon we're going to get girlfriend? :P

(Please Note Condition :- From 10 hrs Busy Weekdays & just 1 day off[ :(   :P ] )
-mahesh2k (October 08, 2008, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Answer: correct 'condition' and try again. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version