ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

One answered question before you died

<< < (6/22) > >>

tsaint:
If a voice shouted down at me as I lay on my deathbed "what do you want to know?" I'd be stupid enough to answer "who do I have to ask?"

mouser:
If you had the choice of having any question answered before you died what would it be?
--- End quote ---

"Can I speak to a supervisor?"

tomos:
how about:

<b>are we doomed to never fully comprehend and resolve a lot of questions because the construction of our brains makes it impossible to do so.</b>
-nudone (October 07, 2008, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would risk answering no to that
Naturally though it depends on the "lot of questions" :-[

Sometimes I think we/I cant figure out a lot of stuff cause we keep turning them over in our minds (is that the same as our brain?!? close enough I'd say) - i.e. we give the [conscious] mind (far?) too much importance in the scheme of things.

Think of all the discoveries that were made when people had given up on ever finding the solutions/answers. I remember reading something Einstein said along those lines, I think he may even have credited [someone/thing else]. Me, I'm not too well up on my science history but believe there's a bunch of other very famous discoveries/solutions that were found "by accident" or as said when people had either given up or simply given up thinking about the problem. *

Naturally I'm not saying we shouldnt think :P   So far, I'll just say that "we give the [conscious] mind too much importance in the scheme of things"

* although it's very often like that also with people who want to have kids but are unsuccessful - when they give up "trying" .. eh .. out pops a kid 9 months later. So I guess that's related to being relaxed when trying to find a solution? :)

EDIT: added [stuff in square brackets]

gpetrant:
What is the sound of one hand clapping?

'Oooohhh, I love it!' when it makes contact with my girlfriend's (bare) bottom.   :-*

(Sorry for cheating by asking a self-answering question.  A dirty one too.  Hey, if God can self-create, well...and there's no one dirtier than God.  He's the one who made us with dirty parts and dirty minds.)

bgd77:
What women want???

I just can't understand them...  :)
But I think it is better this way, we don't get bored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version