ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help with vista business remote desktop

<< < (4/4)

nite_monkey:
I ran the MGA tool, it said my computer was activated and validated.

f0dder:
nite_monkey, wild shot here, but... have you enabled the "allow remote connections thing" that's located "somewhere in system properties"? It's not enabled by default... ought to give a different error code if this was the problem, but you never know...

40hz:
I think you still might want to contact Microsoft. There may be an 'unpublished' hotfix available for people that report the problem you're having. This type of hotfix will not be found in the downloads section of MSoft's website. You need to report the problem to get this type of patch - assuming one is available.

There is a thread over at TechTalkz that addresses what sounds much like your problem. I don't think the method they used to fix the problem is smart move, but here's the link anyway:

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-vista-all/120427-terminal-services-failure.html

I can't speak for it, so YOYO if you go with it. :tellme:

Luck.

nite_monkey:
nite_monkey, wild shot here, but... have you enabled the "allow remote connections thing" that's located "somewhere in system properties"? It's not enabled by default... ought to give a different error code if this was the problem, but you never know...
-f0dder (October 08, 2008, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have remote desktop running.
-nite_monkey (October 06, 2008, 08:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
In my first post, thats what I meant, I have the allow remote connections enabled.

I will go check out that forum post and see what I can come up with.

edit: lol, that post said to add the network service user to the admin's group, funny thing is, I ran across that and have already tried that. That didn't help either.

nite_monkey:
I think you still might want to contact Microsoft. There may be an 'unpublished' hotfix available for people that report the problem you're having. This type of hotfix will not be found in the downloads section of MSoft's website. You need to report the problem to get this type of patch - assuming one is available.
-40hz (October 08, 2008, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have never actually reported anything before, where would I go to do that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version